Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Here's the New 502! Looking for 625HP >

Here's the New 502! Looking for 625HP

Notices

Here's the New 502! Looking for 625HP

Old 03-30-2012, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful setup! Looking forward to seeing some numbers on the setup.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowFever
Here some pics from tonight.
I don't see injector bungs in the manifold. Are you going to run the system with the injectors in the throttle body?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
Snapmorgan:

Thanks for the specs and the information. I would say from the torque number that the camshaft, heads and compression are doing pretty fine. The big problem is the intake manifold and throttle body, believe me when I say that even extrude honed and bored throttle body your intake setup is choking off the power big time!
Either get yourself and 500EFI or 525EFI take off intake and throttle bodies or the Holley type set up and I guaranty you will see the extra 60HP you're missing and not a great deal more torque so I don't think it will be a drive killer driven reasonably.
Just remember engines are air pumps that burn gasoline to make power, choke off air into a well built air pump (engine) and it will not make good power. Best of luck with future improvements and have fun. Get yourself and good intake system when you can and that added power will be very much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Ray @ raylar
Will start a new thread as to not hijack this one.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Registered

TBI setup. Max 625 HP -900CFM \\

Needed one more day to have it in the water. Didnt get the engine back from the machine shop till 445pm on Thursday, Its in.

Only thing left is the Headers and Tails, hose for that, and the belt. Drained the fuel tank last week, got fresh 93 octane today.

Should see it run about noon Sat. I'll YouTube that!!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Registered

Default Installed

Full day of Install
Attached Thumbnails Here's the New 502! Looking for 625HP-iphone-pics-005.jpg   Here's the New 502! Looking for 625HP-iphone-pics-006.jpg   Here's the New 502! Looking for 625HP-iphone-pics-007.jpg  

Old 03-31-2012, 08:42 AM
Registered

Nice work! Let us know what type of performance you get out of her and how that hull handles it. Was that Corey Musick's old boat?
Old 03-31-2012, 02:34 PM
Registered

I am really interested to hear how this goes: - I also have a Holley HP EFi Throttle Body and Victor Junior on order from Haxby Speed and a Bob Madara cam and full valve train coming to go with it.
Mine is going on a Gen VI 454 Mag MPi with Keith Eickert Aluminium Headers and dry tails (water mixes right at the tips)
Old 03-31-2012, 09:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by barrete1
Nice work! Let us know what type of performance you get out of her and how that hull handles it. Was that Corey Musick's old boat?
Yep
Old 03-31-2012, 10:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Congrats on gettin 'er running! It's a bummer you ran out of time but you should be proud of what you got accomplished in a really short time. I'm sure you'll get the last few odds and ends hooked up this week and be ready for the water next weekend. At least you can get some sleep now that you've heard her rumble..
Old 04-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Registered

That's cool, I grew up in P'cola and have known the Musick's for a long time.

Definitely a nice rig & i'll be curious to hear what you get out of her with the right prop. I'd think upper 80's to low 90's should be feasible...? I have a buddy up here on Lake Norman that had a 27' Fountain with an 800hp+ blower motor and he says it gets real squirly around 90mph

We'll be in Destin for the Emerald Coast FPC run, but thinking about coming down for Memorial weekend or Blue Angels to visit my Mom and bring the boat. We'll have to hook up & run together if we do.

Originally Posted by YellowFever
Yep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.