Notices

oil bypass valve Mark iv

Old 06-28-2012, 01:02 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Default oil bypass valve Mark iv

I have looked but cant find anything specific to the mark iv's. Is there a bypass valve in the block I need to worry about. if there is, where is it and can I just block it off.

Pictures would be great.

My oil pressure is all over the place after a rebuild. pulling motor to change oil pump out. seems like the perfect time to take car of this.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by killfast1
I have looked but cant find anything specific to the mark iv's. Is there a bypass valve in the block I need to worry about. if there is, where is it and can I just block it off.

Pictures would be great.

My oil pressure is all over the place after a rebuild. pulling motor to change oil pump out. seems like the perfect time to take car of this.
i believe their is a oil filter bypass where the oil filter would go on the block..the oil pressure valve is in the pump,the oil pump you want to use is a 10778c..this one has the anticavitation grooves in the body and grooves..
Old 06-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Only one is on the oil filter pad. I replaced mine with one of these.http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SME-2015/
Then for safety I run the K&N HP6002 filter which has a higher burst pressure rating and the extra filtering capacity. Remember now all your oil will be going through the filter.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
i believe their is a oil filter bypass where the oil filter would go on the block..the oil pressure valve is in the pump,the oil pump you want to use is a 10778c..this one has the anticavitation grooves in the body and grooves..
Thats the one I have. gonna put it in tomorrow.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:24 AM
Registered

I have seen the thread and pictures for the gen 5 and 6 blocks, but cant seem to find anything for the old mark 4. This is a new block so not even sure its in it. So need to know which opening needs to be blocked off.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not "in" the block on a mk lV. They bolt to the block on the filter pad and the filter spins onto it in a stock application. Here's what they look like.
http://www.jegs.com/p/Mr-Gasket/Mr-G...93641/10002/-1
If you want to elimanate it you use a plate like I posted in my earlier reply.

If there are only 2 large holes and 2 smaller threaded holes. You don't block any. The large hole coming in at an angle from the side comes "IN" from the pump. The other large hole in the center goes "Out" into the engine oiling passages.

Be sure with that pump you use the drive shaft with the steel "pinned on" coupler.

Last edited by picklenjim; 06-30-2012 at 08:29 AM.