Sonic Bilge Redo Project Thread >

Sonic Bilge Redo Project Thread

Notices

Sonic Bilge Redo Project Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnnyboatman
Looks alot better, HOW MUCH WAS THE CRAIN, IVE BEEN THINKING OF ONE, WE GOT A HUGE FORKLIFT AT OUR SHOP, BUT NOT AT MY HOME SHOP.
I probably have around 2k in it all togerther. I had to replace the beam at the top with a wider one. I purchased the frame from Harbor Freight and then went and bought a beam that was 14 foot instead of 9. I think that beam was around $400 and then had another $300 in electric hoist and trolleys.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by FuelinAround
One less moving part that looks alot better. No real reason other than that. I guess my question back would be why not remove it?
Good point!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Good point!
I may be crying my own river if I can stabilize he temps lol that's the only negative
Old 01-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FuelinAround
DAY 2

Well first time pulling the motors on this boat and it took me about 3 hours to get one motor removed. The second motor should be much easier now that I have easy access to everything on it. I was able to do this uninstall by myself with the assistance of the electric gantry.

Man that bilge is dirty. I found enough tools to put together a tool box down there. Also found some seepage around the oil pan gasket and oil cooler. I will replace all the lower motor gaskets while I have these pulled out.
In the last picture the center stringer looks like it was cut and notched is that bare wood exposed right there?m If it is I think I would glass that up and re gel that area!!!!
Old 02-23-2014, 09:57 PM
Registered

It has been about a year since my last post. Last year we sold our house; got in a new house; got married; and expanded our business to a city 120 miles away. So needless to say the boat went to the back burner. About 3 weeks ago I drug the boat to EB Marine and they are finishing the project. The bilge is complete and painted and they have 1 motor set in and ready to go. I will be taking them the second motor next weekend and be back in the water for 2014! I will post pics when I get down this weekend.