Notices

A few Questions

Old 01-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Here is an example boat of what I was talking about. If I remember correctly the Z302's were MCOB boats. I've seen a couple 2005 models of these boats sell in the 50's. These boats run close to 70 MPH, run decent in rough water, and are very efficient and reliable.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o49032-en.html
Old 01-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Here is an example boat of what I was talking about. If I remember correctly the Z302's were MCOB boats. I've seen a couple 2005 models of these boats sell in the 50's. These boats run close to 70 MPH, run decent in rough water, and are very efficient and reliable.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o49032-en.html
Mariah made a couple of models in the Mid Cabin Open Bow configuration (27' & 30'). When the owner died, the family sold off the molds to Challenger, which first produced them almost exactly looking like a Mariah. In 2007-2008 they changed the top significantly.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:58 AM
Registered

I have a 99 OL 502 w/whipple side mount, still has the piggy back computer and secondary fuel pump. Everything is stock other than 8:1 pistons and MLS head gaskets. I blew a head gasket last summer, pulled engine and rebuilt her this winter. As of now the injectors aren't pulsing, wont start. Engine check light is on, whipple check light is showing code 15 (I think). I have went over grounds and all connections, everything is good to go. I am thinking of buying a Mercrusier scanner or PC software to read/delete the codes, and run an injector test. I need the tool anyways.

Will the scanner allow me to read/delete the code on the piggy back computer?
Is this the next step, or am I just missing a simple ground or a bad connection?

Or should I ditch the piggyback computer and 2 injectors pre-SC, and get my MEFI 3 re-tuned and go with bigger injectors?

Any help would be appreciated and if anyone has a pdf of the instruction booklet, that would be awesome! I bought the boat 5yrs ago, 1 owner w/160hrs on it, SC was installed @25hrs. It now has 250hrs on it, I replaced the SC 2 summers ago. The boat always ran great, GPS 74mph. I know my way around an engine, but this is the first SC and MPI I have ever rebuilt. I'm not trying to push things to the limit, just want what I had, 74 is good for me.

Thanks,
Old 03-06-2014, 08:14 AM
Registered

find a good, used 500EFI....if I recall,the biggest HP engine available in the Z-302 was the 525SC...