What upgraded Oil Pan for 575sci? >

What upgraded Oil Pan for 575sci?

Notices

What upgraded Oil Pan for 575sci?

Old 09-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performan...50236/10002/-1

I think I might go with this one, I cannot fit a real deep pan. Dont have mine available to measure but I think my stocker is 8qt...this one is 11+ filter.

As far as oil temp, I would venture to say mine would never have a problem. I have AFR aluminum heads, Whipple cooler, and rune a 120* stat.

Last edited by JRider; 09-13-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performan...50236/10002/-1

I think I might go with this one, I cannot fit a real deep pan. Dont have mine here to measure but I think my stocker is 8qt...this one is 11+ filter.
not sure what boat you have but you might have problems with that on a mercruiser package,the sea pump wont clear the pan.i think you will need a pan like tcwcar has,a marine specific pan that is made to clear things like the sea pump,and the motor mounting plate with hi perf mounting system.

Last edited by mike tkach; 09-13-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Mike for the info, I am no expert on this stuff but I do ask a lot of questions from people like Dustin at whipple and Bob Mandrell, at Marine K. and when I got my motors done, I asked what parts I need to get for the power range I wanted to be in and also to help prolong the life of the motors. I know you know what your taking about when it comes to this stuff I read tons of your posts, and I value your knowledge and expertise....thanks Joe
Old 09-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tcwcar
Thanks Mike for the info, I am no expert on this stuff but I do ask a lot of questions from people like Dustin at whipple and Bob Mandrell, at Marine K. and when I got my motors done, I asked what parts I need to get for the power range I wanted to be in and also to help prolong the life of the motors. I know you know what your taking about when it comes to this stuff I read tons of your posts, and I value your knowledge and expertise....thanks Joe
joe,thanks for the kind words,your engines look great and im sure you will be happy when you are finished and out running.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
not sure what boat you have but you might have problems with that on a mercruiser package,the sea pump wont clear the pan.i think you will need a pan like tcwcar has,a marine specific pan that is made to clear things like the sea pump,and the motor mounting plate with hi perf mounting system.
The boat is a Profile cat and I have the offshore style performance mount. The problem is that the pan has to fit between the center pod...I dont think a pan like twcars will. Also with the stock pan it is pretty tight between the deep end of the pan and the bottom of the pod.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Registered

Not sure any of the pans I looked at will work. The cool fuel system mounts under the pan so the stocker might just go back on
Old 09-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JRider
The boat is a Profile cat and I have the offshore style performance mount. The problem is that the pan has to fit between the center pod...I dont think a pan like twcars will. Also with the stock pan it is pretty tight between the deep end of the pan and the bottom of the pod.
once had the same problem with a awsome single engine cat,we got a pan similar to the one you are looking at and modified it to fit.i had a 26 ft american offshore cat[centerpod boat] and a large marine pan fit.it was a teague 12 qt pan.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have a practically new canton marine 10 qt pan of you are interest.

Pm me if you want.