Notices

EMI Exhaust comparison

Old 11-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EMI Exhaust comparison

How does Eddie Marine Exhaust manifolds compare to Stainless, Imco, Dana or Hardin/Gills? Are they similar in quality/ performance? Any help wiuld be great, thanks

Last edited by MCKILLOP; 11-02-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On what motor?
Old 11-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Registered

502 mpi with a Bob Madera cam and some head work and lower intake Right around 500-515hp. Going to use a long riser system, just curious wondering if it is worth it to pay more for the Stainless or Dana with the Vortex long risers

Last edited by MCKILLOP; 11-02-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

i've heard good things about the Keith Eickert Thunder and Lightening too..
Old 11-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MCKILLOP
502 mpi with a Bob Madera cam and some head work and lower intake Right around 500-515hp. Going to use a long riser system, just curious wondering if it is worth it to pay more for the Stainless or Dana with the Vortex long risers
Depends on whio you talk to..they all are about the same...eddie use's a hard anodise on theirs which makes them last longer..and they are goo manifolds,you just have to mess around with theps pump hose,,give it a little ore bend anf run it up along the intake manifold and valve cover.... if you dont have captains choice i would get the long tails,,sound killet wicked and look alot better,just make sure you order their rings and ask chris to install internal flappers so you dont have to install the Salisbury style flapper..they can also angle cut the pipe for you..
Old 11-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FIXX
Depends on whio you talk to..they all are about the same...eddie use's a hard anodise on theirs which makes them last longer..and they are goo manifolds,you just have to mess around with theps pump hose,,give it a little ore bend anf run it up along the intake manifold and valve cover.... if you dont have captains choice i would get the long tails,,sound killet wicked and look alot better,just make sure you order their rings and ask chris to install internal flappers so you dont have to install the Salisbury style flapper..they can also angle cut the pipe for you..
What do you mean by give the hose alittle more bend and run it alone the intake?? Whats that do?
Old 11-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stlliberator
What do you mean by give the hose alittle more bend and run it alone the intake?? Whats that do?
The power stering pump on the port side,,the high pressure hose's fitting will hit the front of the manifold....the fitting is at a 45* angle,you have to make it a 60* bend in the fitting and loop the hose so it runs towards the front of the cylinder head and along the top of the intake where it meets the cylinder head..they fit tight..
Old 11-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Gold Member

You can also buy a #4 an bango fitting and as hose and make a new hose.that's what I did on my emi install
Old 11-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Registered

+1
Old 11-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Registered

What would EMI build them like that? I had Gill manifolds on ther previously and didn't have that problem. You would think EMI would address that issue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.