Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Some aftermarket parts really come short on quality, so be careful. >

Some aftermarket parts really come short on quality, so be careful.

Notices

Some aftermarket parts really come short on quality, so be careful.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 4,314 Likes on 1,241 Posts

I completely see where you`re going with this BWD.
I`m about to go off on a tangent)
Its a shame, back in the day America used to be a powerhouse. Things were made here. Big factories spit out products which made America a world power.
Us Made products were the envy of the rest of the world.
Now you can`t even get parts to fit properly, everything is shipped in from overseas, those big factories that made this country great are being torn down and malls that sell China garbage are being put up in their place. US is the Walmart of foreign crap. Oh well Globalization I guess.

I bought some pretty pricey Polished breathers from Teague and they came with no hardware. Just some round plastic disks which i have no idea what they are for.. of course no instructions. My expectations are pretty low so it`s starting not to even bother me anymore, sad.

Sounds like Hardin is dogging OSO in the first few paragraphs, and if other "advertisers" are running from OSO then maybe they should all realize this is the biggest "OFFSHORE" site on the web, it`s constantly in the top 5 of Google searches involving this sport and the members here have probably spent millions on their products. Maybe instead of shifting blame on some imaginary "bad apples" have some accountability.

<<off my soapbox>>
Old 02-28-2014, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well now they have their on website..."Power Boat Nation"
Old 03-01-2014, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Any company that sells as much product as Hardin does is bound to have a small percentage of issues.Anyone that hasn't screwed up,,hasn't done much .I personnaly have been happy with their product through the years .I think it is pretty stand up of them even getting on here and confronting the critics ...My Opinion
Old 03-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hardin Marine
On a whole other side note I just want to reiterate to the forum as a whole what the outside perspective on this place is. Yes its your community to do with it as you please and its a free world with freedom of speech. But not addressing the issue in a professional manner has made sooo many of this sites advertisers and supporters leave I don't have fingers and toes to count them all.

Since this thread started I have received at least a dozen calls from owners of other businesses saying just walk away OSO is a lost cause that its been poisoned by a few. Personally I wouldn't go that far but here's what you should know for the benefit of your own community.

This place should be your opportunity to work with manufactures and to ask them to improve things, or build products you thing the industry needs and can benefit from. For some reason there's this war against the people that bring you the products that should make your boating life possible or better. Hey I'm an enthusiast of many types of power sports and OSO has a negative agression like I have never seen amongst any other message boards.

There's an opportunity here for such a positive relationship between the manufacture and the community. Sure you can have an opinion but maybe if it could be just a little less slanderous and vicious you could get more support. Like the old bee's and honey deal but there's a minority amount of members killing it for all the rest of you .

We addressed this thread because we cared and wanted to make sure both sides were at least heard whether I did it right who knows.You all have as much power to be positive and make change as you do negative and make change but since theirs no professional management moderating here its merely like the Hunger games. Its your home do with it as you see fit
My suggestion to your company is to stop selling junk. You guys know what you are selling, you know where it comes from, you know the issues with it. Yet you continue to sell it obviously its not at your expense cause you continue to sell it.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by motor
Any company that sells as much product as Hardin does is bound to have a small percentage of issues.Anyone that hasn't screwed up,,hasn't done much .I personnaly have been happy with their product through the years .I think it is pretty stand up of them even getting on here and confronting the critics ...My Opinion
NO, it is not ok. Whatever happened to that saying - quality is job #1?
NO, it is not ok to sell parts not in spec.
NO, it's not ok to make problems for the customer.
NO, it is not ok for the customer to pay for quality parts and instead get parts that passed no inspections, just boxed up and sent out.
You want manufacturing to come back to the US and for Americans to pay for it, well then godamnit it better be perfect. Why woul d I pay more for American when it's the same as cheap ROC junk?
Old 03-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

where in this world, is a perfect part always the part you get. When a well made part is 98% there or better ,What do you want to do ....make it yourself . .Hell, oem parts aren't always perfect. Get a grip. If we wanted to pay twice as much, I'm sure they could all be quality checked for PEFECT
Old 03-02-2014, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Motor.

You want 100% inspect? Youre going to seriously pay.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

We used to have a couple of sayings in manufacturing,
1. 100% inspections catch 80% of the problems.
2. You can not inspect in quality.

Inspections are not the answer to building a quality product. The key is the process and continuous improvement.

Padraig
Old 03-02-2014, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

I have bought a lot of items over the past 3 years from Hardin Marine. I have been very happy with all my purchases, keep in mind most of the items were gauges, deck, and cockpit hardware...
Old 03-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Ever hear of Six Sigma? How many defects per million (1,000,000) is that? There are plenty of companies that achieve that. And higher. And not expensive as you claim the items to be. Safety is free, and so is quality. If you do not believe in that, there is no help available.

You guys talking about having to accept junk - that's one reason Japan started taking away our industry. You accepted things like 1976 Impalas that fell apart in two years. So the shysters saw that many many people accept crap, so they made it in Korea, China, etc. And you supported it.

I can't stand apathy. You need to be never satisfied. That's the only way we will ever get manufacturing back.

Good luck in your endeavors. Bomb Out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.