Notices

Hatch lift

Old 04-17-2014, 02:49 PM
Only the Best Will Do!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.keitheickert.com/c-40-hat...-and-rams.aspx

We sell electric hatch rams and hydraulic. PM me for details OP.

http://www.keitheickert.com/p-13440-...tor-relay.aspx

If you're annoyed by the slow speed that your hatch actuator has and you would like to make it work faster, then this is the answer. By transferring the electric load from your dash accessories to the accelerator box, the total voltage to the hatch actuator is greatly increased, thus accelerating the hatch opening and closing.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by inspector747
Looks identical to Dana Marine, I need a to get a hatch lift (For some reason the engine cover is getting heavier) but want something that if there is a fire I can get to it quick and not have to grab my buoy and beer watching my boat sink as I sip a cold one.
if you had a fire opening it fast could be the worst thing you could do adding all that air....... just somthing to think about
Old 04-20-2014, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With all due respect this is a perfect example of how a marine supplier is marking up the identical part a ton more than is required to make a fair profit. The exact same actuators are available for other industries for half of what Keith Eckhart is charging
All because of the word "Marine"

Originally Posted by KEPP
http://www.keitheickert.com/c-40-hat...-and-rams.aspx

We sell electric hatch rams and hydraulic. PM me for details OP.

http://www.keitheickert.com/p-13440-...tor-relay.aspx

If you're annoyed by the slow speed that your hatch actuator has and you would like to make it work faster, then this is the answer. By transferring the electric load from your dash accessories to the accelerator box, the total voltage to the hatch actuator is greatly increased, thus accelerating the hatch opening and closing.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:07 PM
Registered

Makes me wonder if there is a patent on the Dana/ CP hydraulic hatch lifts. You can not tell me that the hydraulic rams, aluminum hinges and wiring cost that much, I am really tempted to produce my own and sell at 5-15% mark up and bet at that cost they would only be 400-600 aft material, labor and shipping
Old 04-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Patent? Its basically a billet hood hinge with a small hydraulic cylinder. Price comes down to time and volume. I takes so much time to make/source all the pieces parts. Time is money. to go beyond recouping that money and make a profit that expense has to be added to each part. If you make and sell 20 units, that time /money will significantly impact the sales prices. If your doing 20.000 of them the impact is negligible.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
Patent? Its basically a billet hood hinge with a small hydraulic cylinder. Price comes down to time and volume. I takes so much time to make/source all the pieces parts. Time is money. to go beyond recouping that money and make a profit that expense has to be added to each part. If you make and sell 20 units, that time /money will significantly impact the sales prices. If your doing 20.000 of them the impact is negligible.
Completely agree, but if I was to purchase a CNC 5 Axis machine I would not be limited to Hatch Lifts, I see other billet aluminum "Boat" parts that are WAY over priced, I understand material cost, milling time, finish house cost and shipping and not just limited to boat parts.