Notices

Drive Alignment Corsa

Old 09-18-2014, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive Alignment Corsa

I'm trying to dial in a 26ft Corsa. So far i have got to 80.1 mph at 5400rmp with a labbed 27 mirage 3 blade. The problem i'm having is when i trim the drive to far the rooster tail shoots off to the right side of boat. I would think if everything is square it would shoot straight back. Do you think or is there a way to make sure drive is square to transom. The boat has always torqued steered and i have to drag a tab on one side to level the boat. Thanks for any help.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:13 PM
Registered

I've seen many RH rotation props throw water to the right when trimmed way up. The blades near the top of the water are going that direction. Also, wouldn't the steering take care or any squareness issues by turning the wheel? A single with a fair amount of power and prop pitch will be affected by the rotational direction of the prop being that there is a larger volume of water below the prop than above it so the rotational force does not get cancelled out.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That was kind of my thought, so +1
Old 09-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Registered

Thanks what your saying makes sense.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:32 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

It won't ever be straight. Its due to prop rotation. With twins spinning out, the roosters go toward the outsides. Spinning in the roosters blend together into one.