Like Tree0Likes

Merc offshore engine mount question.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (7)

My Boats: 12 meter
Default Merc offshore engine mount question.

I had a bit of a brain fart but given my project has been from one end of the shop to the other over the last few years I am gonna install engines over weekend and just wanted to confirm that the engine mounts go up against the vertical angle mounted to stringers on both starboard and port side. It's the only it makes sense to me however it's been a while. Seems like when I removed them years ago i just slide engines forward til shaft dropped out and then up. (TRS applications).

Given I repainted engine mounts and cleaned angle mounting brackets throughly I am unable to match up bolt/washer marks.

Amazing how quickly some of this is so easily forgotten when I'm not at it like I use to.

Tks for any insight. I just don't want to screw up since I'm doing by myself and don't have an extra set of eyes as I'm lowering and aligning engines etc.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1980 Wellcraft Scarab 377 twin turbo, 1984 Formula 242 LS SBC/ Alpha, 1979 Sea Ray 240 SRV Flybridge w/ twin 480's

Yes. other wise if the mounts were behind the angle bracket you would have to tilt the engine in at a 60 degree angle to let it slip behind the angle aluminum.