Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/do-yourself-boating-budget-249/)
-   -   STD Bravo coupler zerk fittings (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/do-yourself-boating-budget/347492-std-bravo-coupler-zerk-fittings.html)

Rhythm and Blues 06-07-2017 07:57 PM

STD Bravo coupler zerk fittings

Evening guys, I'm away from home at work right now. Could anyone tell me the zerk fitting size for a standard Bravo coupler and if there are any other specifics I should know in terms of the zerk design ie (wide base, long neck, 5/16 hex, 3/8 hex etc etc). I know it has to be a 45 but thats about it. I'd like to get some ordered.. Thanks.

3pointstar 06-07-2017 08:05 PM

I looked in my engine manual and couldn't find a thing -- sorry

I do know that don't buy a zerk coupler from harbor freight - had one stick to the zerk fitting and I don't want to tell you the problem I had getting it off -- came real close to pulling the drive off

3pointstar

Rhythm and Blues 06-07-2017 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by 3pointstar (Post 4560308)
I looked in my engine manual and couldn't find a thing -- sorry

I do know that don't buy a zerk coupler from harbor freight - had one stick to the zerk fitting and I don't want to tell you the problem I had getting it off -- came real close to pulling the drive off

3pointstar

geeze! Note to self for sure! Thanks for the bump. I saw the merc # for them but I cant derive any additional data online. Kinda hoping someone would be able to link me something.. I'm pulling drives when I get home so no huge deal if I cant put zerks on when their off; I'll just grease the splines by hand. Thanks.

3pointstar 06-07-2017 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rhythm and Blues (Post 4560323)
geeze! Note to self for sure! Thanks for the bump. I saw the merc # for them but I cant derive any additional data online. Kinda hoping someone would be able to link me something.. I'm pulling drives when I get home so no huge deal if I cant put zerks on when their off; I'll just grease the splines by hand. Thanks.

Since you were at work and I'm on vacation - I even tried to do a web search-- couldn't find anything. I would stop by an auto parts store and get a couple sizes of zerks - 45 degree is what is on ours 7.4mpi Bravo 3- and see what fits -- they can't be expensive.

Sorry I couldn't be more help

all the best

3pointstar

Rhythm and Blues 06-07-2017 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by 3pointstar (Post 4560342)
Since you were at work and I'm on vacation - I even tried to do a web search-- couldn't find anything. I would stop by an auto parts store and get a couple sizes of zerks - 45 degree is what is on ours 7.4mpi Bravo 3- and see what fits -- they can't be expensive.

Sorry I couldn't be more help

all the best

3pointstar

I did do that when I was home thinking I could just screw them in; I'm sure I dont need to tell you how that worked out . One thing is all the zerks I found were carbon steel; I'm wondering if the correct ones are ss? The bigger picture here is I want to have them on hand when I get home; I live in a pretty rural area and it's entirely possible I may not be able to find what I need.. so, just as long as you and I keep the thread going someone is bound to comment as some point, lol.... just kidding; but thanks for the idea..

dereknkathy 06-08-2017 04:06 AM

call the bigger auto stores and see if they have a zerk assortment.

Rhythm and Blues 06-09-2017 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by dereknkathy (Post 4560358)
call the bigger auto stores and see if they have a zerk assortment.

Thanks, I already have an assortment.
Anyone else, correct size, are they ss?

boz251 06-09-2017 09:02 AM

Call Jonh or Clint at THE BRAVO SHOP in the Ozarks he will know for shure. (800) 792-7286

Rhythm and Blues 06-09-2017 01:27 PM

Ok, I got it figured out. Their just std 45 zerks, nothing special.. Thanks guys..

imartin 06-14-2017 11:05 PM

Propelling from the OP question, is it satisfactory to just lube the coupler via the installed zerk fitting for routine service?