WPM Exterernal Steering Ram Seals >

WPM Exterernal Steering Ram Seals

Notices

WPM Exterernal Steering Ram Seals

Old 09-30-2017, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WPM Exterernal Steering Ram Seals

I have WPM steering rams and they both started leaking. Bought new seals, took the end cap off of the ram and removed the seals. There is one that fits inside the end cap about a 1/2" or son from the end that I cannot get the seal in. Has anybody experienced this. CP Performance says that one seal is really hard to get in so" we send them off to a guy and he does them for us. Anybody know how.. I tried for 2 hours yesterday and no go. the others seals are easy.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Ayuh,.... A little late, but,....

Many times you can get those stuffed into place with wooden dowels, plastic picks, Popsicle sticks, 'n yer fingers,....
Whatever works,....

The seal needs to be semi-folded, 'n twisted to get it in there, then ya gotta maneuver it back to it's original shape,....

Not really any 1 trick to make it happen,....
Old 10-11-2017, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

Seal install tool works well also...
Old 11-05-2017, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got tired of trying yo get the seal in. Ended up taking just the seal housing to a hydraulic cylinder repair shop locally and left them. Shop called the next day said that they were ready went to pick them up and they said the seal I brought was to big and they were unable to get it to the groove. They provided the seal for both end caps and installed for $22.00 each. The seal kits I bought on line from CP were 109.00 each delivered 229.00 to my door. I should have googled seal repair in my area first, lesson learned. Thanks for the reply's.