Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

No It's on an aluminum I-beam tandem trailer
Old 06-24-2021, 11:29 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by underpsi68
steel trailer?
Mine is. I think the dunk line is pretty obvious.

Old 06-25-2021, 09:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster
I honestly don’t know why boats don’t come with at least partial closed cooling from the factory. I don’t see any legit downside to it.
They pretty much did starting with the 496's and 525's.
Old 06-26-2021, 03:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

i changed my motorws over to full closed system, thought i would be in NC, but will be one day,,anyways, bought my heate exchangers thru here used,,i did add to the brackets holding exchangers .think i paid 800 or 100 for both tanks?? my engine shop said was better running closed system.

good luck.......

Old 06-29-2021, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by flashgordon
i changed my motorws over to full closed system, thought i would be in NC, but will be one day,,anyways, bought my heate exchangers thru here used,,i did add to the brackets holding exchangers .think i paid 800 or 100 for both tanks?? my engine shop said was better running closed system.

good luck.......

What did you use for a circulating pump to heat exchanger hose? Monitor's kit has you cut the factory hose. I want to replace mine, but it seems like a complete waste to buy a $60 hose just to cut it off...
Old 06-29-2021, 09:05 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Talking

Originally Posted by HawkX66
What did you use for a circulating pump to heat exchanger hose? Monitor's kit has you cut the factory hose. I want to replace mine, but it seems like a complete waste to buy a $60 hose just to cut it off...
i used a johnson crank driven pump...works fine..i guess they were used on volvo motors uses ago
yes i had to some plumbing tricks with hose...had to cut on going from stack water outlet feeding up to heat exhanger,,had to make it longer

hope this helps....found pumps online from warehouse out of florida,,paid 150 a pump,,saw them listed for 250 on diff sites

Old 06-29-2021, 10:03 AM
Registered

i used a johnson crank driven pump...works fine..i guess they were used on volvo motors uses ago
yes i had to some plumbing tricks with hose...had to cut on going from stack water outlet feeding up to heat exhanger,,had to make it longer

hope this helps....found pumps online from warehouse out of florida,,paid 150 a pump,,saw them listed for 250 on diff sites
Nice set up. I'm actually just asking about the one hose you had in the pic I quoted. I'm using the factory BBC style circulating pump. I can probably just look at an auto parts store for one that's similar. It's nothing special which is why I don't want to spend $60 on a Merc one just to cut it.
Old 06-29-2021, 11:00 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Talking

Nice set up. I'm actually just asking about the one hose you had in the pic I quoted. I'm using the factory BBC style circulating pump. I can probably just look at an auto parts store for one that's similar. It's nothing special which is why I don't want to spend $60 on a Merc one just to cut it.
yea that hose in first pic,,,i had to cut and make longer,,as my heat exchangers sat up little higher..
why do u have to cut that hose,,,???
it goes from stock pimp lower outlet,,,up to thermo housing correct???

good luck....
Old 06-29-2021, 11:24 AM
Registered

yea that hose in first pic,,,i had to cut and make longer,,as my heat exchangers sat up little higher..
why do u have to cut that hose,,,???
it goes from stock pimp lower outlet,,,up to thermo housing correct???

good luck....
The Monitor system sits lower. When you cut the factory hose it fits. The first pic below shows when I rough cut mine. The one below it is the factory set up.

Old 06-29-2021, 06:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Talking

The Monitor system sits lower. When you cut the factory hose it fits. The first pic below shows when I rough cut mine. The one below it is the factory set up.

ahhh,,,,,,,i see your heat exchanger sits lower than mine,,,
looks like you could almost cut yours ,,put in a 45 degree elbow in the center ,,so hose mates up to your tanl outlet better.
its all fun..........
but i am at the end of all this fun...
boat is going for sale soon.
good luck........
i added a 8 inch peice to extend my hose,,, i got it from summit...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.