SBC Atermarket Ignition wire routing >

SBC Atermarket Ignition wire routing

Notices

SBC Atermarket Ignition wire routing

Old 09-19-2021, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default SBC Atermarket Ignition wire routing

My wires are too long for my setup and I am getting ready to make a fitted set.
I want to do a nice neat job that stays in place and does not look all loose and floppy like I currently have.
Who has pictures?
I have EMI manifolds and risers with enough space to drop the wires between the center outlets and the ends if I want. Might be a bad idea though because engine heat would occur where wires can touch things.
Any advice and pics are welcome.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by NHGuy
My wires are too long for my setup and I am getting ready to make a fitted set.
I want to do a nice neat job that stays in place and does not look all loose and floppy like I currently have.
Who has pictures?
I have EMI manifolds and risers with enough space to drop the wires between the center outlets and the ends if I want. Might be a bad idea though because engine heat would occur where wires can touch things.
Any advice and pics are welcome.
Ayuh,.... For that reason, plug wires on boat motors are long enough to go down 'round the back, 'n up to the spark plugs,.....
Old 11-05-2021, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

YouTube 350 sbc marine startup. You can get a real good look at his wire routing described as other person mentioned. I routed similarly on my Ls but it’s not quite the same. I try to keep plug wires away from heat and any engine harnesses (particularly fuel injectors N/A for you and tach wires). On my LS I put the coils on transom and routed the wires underneath the manifolds to plugs. So similar but different.

some kits come with wire looms. Otherwise they are cheap on Amazon. Try to get aluminum vs plastic I think they last longer. If you must get plastic get as good as possible.