‘97 Scarab 22 7.4 Tube Up >

‘97 Scarab 22 7.4 Tube Up

Notices

‘97 Scarab 22 7.4 Tube Up

Old 06-21-2022, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default ‘97 Scarab 22 7.4 Tune Up

I’m just looking to do a basic tune up on my boat…I bought it a couple of years ago and for the most part it’s been pretty solid so far in the big picture ofcourse it has given me a few fits at times as well… Now I’m not no master mechanic but I’m a decent shade tree mechanic! I’m a helluva parts replacer! Lol
Just curious if any of y’all have some suggestions/preferences as far as which spark plugs that are out these days that would be best to go back with, where to gap em, and same goes for plug wires, cap/button whatever you wanna call it distributor wise… Any info on fuel filter(s) on this Scarab would be appreciated as well…as far as I know everything is factory about the boat with the exception of the carb, it does have a Holley 750 on it… Also is there a way to clean the air filter setup on these MerCruiser’s or is there a need to, or replacement whatever?
I appreciate any info/input will be appreciated…
Thank You,
Shane

Last edited by 1997SCARAB22; 06-21-2022 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-22-2022, 04:00 AM
Registered

Received 146 Likes on 80 Posts

I would order new wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, oil and filter, new impeller and plugs. I'm a fan of NGK plugs, Look at the NGK site for model and gap. Factory OEM parts, or sierra marine are the manufacturers i would be looking for over random parts from Amazon or eBay.
West Marine , summit racing or your local marine store should be able to hook you up, in some areas NAPPA has parts for boats. In the end its a big block chevy.

Last edited by carnutsx2; 06-22-2022 at 04:10 AM.
Old 06-22-2022, 05:38 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

We need to know what engine and ignition it has. Serial # and a pic of it installed in your boat (since it sounds like some non oem parts on it ? Also if so, what else has been changed that you know of ?