Notices

Build engine

Old 06-28-2022, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Build engine

Hy guys..long time since i've posted...i put the boat in the water made a test run...not going so god..this is what i got..​​​​​​​A​​​​​​​t idle i have 0.8 bar of vacum,my fuel pressor is 10 psi at idle...advance ot idle is 10' but the engine is going slow no power..i can see boost only at 4000 rpm and it is small around 4 psi...i had problems with my distributer had to lock it down...made a video now i have to post it here it will take a wile to figure that aut...so feel free to adwice me...tnx​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
greg800le (11-12-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 111 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Zole
Hy guys..long time since i've posted...i put the boat in the water made a test run...not going so god..this is what i got..​​​​​​​A​​​​​​​t idle i have 0.8 bar of vacum,my fuel pressor is 10 psi at idle...advance ot idle is 10' but the engine is going slow no power..i can see boost only at 4000 rpm and it is small around 4 psi...i had problems with my distributer had to lock it down...made a video now i have to post it here it will take a wile to figure that aut...so feel free to adwice me...tnx​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

I would think before you go much further , you are going have to verify what your timing is set at with the engine at 3500 rpm's
Old 06-29-2022, 10:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by green lightning
I would think before you go much further , you are going have to verify what your timing is set at with the engine at 3500 rpm's
tnx for answering...this is just first lap to see what is going on with the engine...the main thing im trubled is when is time to see boost on my guage...is it normal not to see it before 3000 rpm. Another thing is trubeling me....my procharger on the hose that brings back oil from charger to engine has a litle bit of emulzion(oil combine with water).normal or not...than you for ewerything
Old 06-29-2022, 10:51 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 913 Likes on 459 Posts

water and oil mixed in an engine are not normal...ever! if the oil on the dipstick is normal looking then you may just have some condensation and its burning off before it gets through the engine.
I always thought the prochargers were self contained....meaning they had their own oil supply and are not attached to engine oil at all???
Your idle vacuum is low... .8 bar is like 11psi of vacuum.....somethings off. Look for intake leaks...or maybe run the engine without procharger hooked up at idle to see if the vac is any different. I think you want to see a "normal" vac reading of 0.96 to 1.58 bar when running at idle...

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-29-2022, 11:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wally
water and oil mixed in an engine are not normal...ever! if the oil on the dipstick is normal looking then you may just have some condensation and its burning off before it gets through the engine.
I always thought the prochargers were self contained....meaning they had their own oil supply and are not attached to engine oil at all???
Your idle vacuum is low... .8 bar is like 11psi of vacuum.....somethings off. Look for intake leaks...or maybe run the engine without procharger hooked up at idle to see if the vac is any different. I think you want to see a "normal" vac reading of 0.96 to 1.58 bar when running at idle...
hey wally....so the engine oil looks fine no water yust the hose that brings back oil from charger to block...i allso thout that prochargers have their own lubrikations but this one came with the oil hose conected to the engine block..it is an m-1 procharger...regarding the vacum i can see -1 bar but not at idle only when i start tu give trotle...could the valves couse that problem(wrong preload)?
Old 06-29-2022, 11:21 AM
Registered

tnx for answering...this is just first lap to see what is going on with the engine...the main thing im trubled is when is time to see boost on my guage...is it normal not to see it before 3000 rpm. Another thing is trubeling me....my procharger on the hose that brings back oil from charger to engine has a litle bit of emulzion(oil combine with water).normal or not...than you for ewerything
My centrifugal super charger set up is made by Vortec so it is slightly different than your Pro charger set up , Mine does not make any real boost below 2500rpm . My chargers are feed oil from the engines and there is never any water in the drain line going back to the oil pan , I would find where the water is coming from those super chargers spin fast and I am sure the bearings will not like the water on them.
Old 06-29-2022, 11:30 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,088 Likes on 1,390 Posts

Centifugal blowers use step up gear ratios. The faster the the engine rpm the more boost.

The pro chargers can be bought with engine fed oil or self contained oil.
Old 06-29-2022, 11:33 AM
Registered

My centrifugal super charger set up is made by Vortec so it is slightly different than your Pro charger set up , Mine does not make any real boost below 2500rpm . My chargers are feed oil from the engines and there is never any water in the drain line going back to the oil pan , I would find where the water is coming from those super chargers spin fast and I am sure the bearings will not like the water on them.
you are wright about bearings the charger is making some noise...but the oil hose that feeds the charger is conected to the oil sensor uder the manifold...another thing...should the charger have oil press like the crank or only sprinkle oil like on valves
Old 06-29-2022, 12:03 PM
Registered

you are wright about bearings the charger is making some noise...but the oil hose that feeds the charger is conected to the oil sensor uder the manifold...another thing...should the charger have oil press like the crank or only sprinkle oil like on valves

I don't know about your set up but mine has a valve connected to the boost side of the super charger and there is no pressure on the drain side of the super charger bearings on mine .

The following users liked this post:
j272 (06-29-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 12:09 PM
Registered

I don't know about your set up but mine has a valve connected to the boost side of the super charger and there is no pressure on the drain side of the super charger bearings on mine .
mine does not have pressure on the drain side allso...when i turn on engine there is just a litle leak..ok then...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.