Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
Thinking of moving up to a 33'zx >

Thinking of moving up to a 33'zx

Notices

Thinking of moving up to a 33'zx

Old 09-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2004 33ZX with 496s she runs out at 72-74 depending on weather. She can handle the rough stuff well because of her wieght. My wife loves the cabin, we have air and heat, tv, fridge, head, sleeps 4 with the table drop and is a great cove boat to hang out on. She also does well on Poker Runs. The width is not a big deal I have towed her to Florida, Canada, Maryland and never pulled a permit, looking at the boat from the rear you can't see the overhang on the trailer so it looks like she is 8'6 not 9'2 that is in the center of the boat. I don't like the 38ZX to big and I mean Big for me I am only 5ft 7 and the 38 is impsossible for me to drive.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We made a trip out to New York to look at 33 '01 with 500's.
The boat was rough but overall I really liked the boat.
The only thing missing is the total lack of storage in the cockpit, why would Donzi make such a boat with no gunwale storage?
Old 09-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

I know it was mainly just for cupholders & suntan lotion. But I believe one of the reasons was so they would have a wide cockpit space for roominess, which it was pretty damn roomy.. The beam is like 9'3" on those.. Jamie / Lakeside
Old 09-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Registered

They also made the cockpit up-scale to fit the look. There is actually no room to put storage in the cockpit area because the driver and passenger seats are so big and they are comfy..
Old 09-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I hear ya on the boat being comfortable but damn, where do the bumpers and life jackets go??? The access to stuff under the engine hatch could be a challenge.
We spend several days at a time on the boat so staorage is of great importance to us.
The 33 Zx is a pass just on this fact alone.
Looking at a 342 Baja now......
Old 10-21-2010, 05:30 PM

Ok.. This is easy.. Get bunchy cords and next to the batteries you can store 2 fenders on each side. I can get 3 on the port side. Life Jackets we store under the front seat cushion were the AC unit is. When we turn the AC on we take the jackets and throw cushion out. PS: I am Donzi 33.. Finally got back on the board with my regular name.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Shanghied Again
Ok.. This is easy.. Get bunchy cords and next to the batteries you can store 2 fenders on each side. I can get 3 on the port side. Life Jackets we store under the front seat cushion were the AC unit is. When we turn the AC on we take the jackets and throw cushion out. PS: I am Donzi 33.. Finally got back on the board with my regular name.
Thanks for the info!!