Notices

Thinking of moving up to a 33'zx

Old 06-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thinking of moving up to a 33'zx

Hi guys,

We've been tossing the idea about moving up to a bigger boat and need some input.
We love the cuddy room in the 33 zx but the issue is height and width. Height might be an issue getting the boat into the garage, I do not want to leave the boat out in the driveway.

Width is the boat makes is a wide load at 9+ feet.

My girl doesnt like the look of the dash area on Fountains both port and starboard sides....so that is out.

We like the 32 Sunsation but the cockpit area is the same as their 28 which is small.

Other than a Formula is there other boats I should keep in mind that are wave crushers and have the creature comforts?

We're not ready for a cruiser yet!!

Thanks for any input.

Mike.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:34 PM
Registered

An acquaintance of ours had a 33zx they bought new in 2000. Beautiful boat! My wife and I loved the cockpit and the cabin very well. But like you point out, she's 9' 3" wide which technically requires a wide-load banner to go down the road. I never saw them put the banner on while goin down the interstate so maybe they cheated a little. As for the height, depends on what you buy and how it sets on the trailer (ridin high or low-slung). I know when we had our 24' Blackwidow, it sat just tall enough that the windshield would not clear the garage door, so I had to lower the tongue of the trailer to the ground and use the safety chains and my hitch on my truck to push her into the garage. Our 28ZX actually sets on the trailer lower and I could leave the trailer connected to the truck to get her into the garage.

Good luck in your endeavor,
tom
Old 06-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

My good friend Frank owns one and he loves it! I have been on it many times and can tell you it is an awesome boat! It rides much bigger than a 33' (technically it is almost 35' long) and has a ton of room in the cabin and cockpit. If it fits your garage, I would not hesitate to buy one.

PM Frank (Shanghied Again) on here he will get you all the info you need.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks guys, although I have never been in one personally that is on my list to do withing the next month.
There is a 38 not far from me and we are planing to go see it soon.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:52 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Yep the 33's are great boats & very spacious with a great ride.. The 38's are similar but even bigger (much bigger).. Jamie / Lakeside
Old 06-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I hear you on that one...no replacement for displacement on both fiberglass and cubic inches!!
Old 06-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Registered

I always loved the 38ZX's until the 38ZR's came out. I still love the 38ZX's tho.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I owned a 2001 33 zx with 502's.There great Boats but weigh around 9,200 lbs and you know it when towing them.I had to go through several prop changes to get mine to come on plane quicker because of the weight.Well built Boats for sure.Cockpit is a little small but it takes the waves great!!Good luck.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks for the input guys.
A 33 is what I really want for all the cuddy room when overnighting. 525's would be a nice package.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great choice if you do

I have a 2000 and its a great boat cabin and cockpit is a good size and it handles in the ruff water.
mine is listed on the site.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.