Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Donzi (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/donzi-34/)
-   -   New 2011 Donzi 35 ZR Open (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/donzi/241283-new-2011-donzi-35-zr-open.html)

Donzi Andy 10-23-2010 11:40 AM

New 2011 Donzi 35 ZR Open

Checkout the 2011 35 ZR Open at http://www.donzimarine.com

GoFastScott 10-23-2010 11:45 AM

No thanks- not for me at least! Never though we would see something like this- can you imagine being up front running 80? Or accidently stuffing and having family and friends up front? It will also be very interesting to see what it does to the handling, having 2-3 people up front of the steps. As always, I wish them luck with all their products, just don't see this being a big seller.
Scott

Jupiter Sunsation 10-23-2010 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by GoFastScott (Post 3236845)
No thanks- not for me at least! Never though we would see something like this- can you imagine being up front running 80? Or accidently stuffing and having family and friends up front? It will also be very interesting to see what it does to the handling, having 2-3 people up front of the steps. As always, I wish them luck with all their products, just don't see this being a big seller.
Scott

Boat may be very popular, Sunsation sells a ton of MCOBs (mid cabin open bow). The sink is a waste of time up there but it isn't a bad concept.

At wide open you don't ride up there but it can be priceless in an idle zone/breeze going through the cabin.

Jupiter Sunsation 10-23-2010 01:50 PM

I like their 35 ZF Cuddy better.....

gregsweeney 10-23-2010 07:43 PM

What's the $.

Jupiter Sunsation 10-24-2010 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by gregsweeney (Post 3237062)
What's the $.

Its got to be 250K+++ since that is what they ask for a stock 35 ZR.

VetteLT193 10-26-2010 08:17 AM

Very nice. The sink in the 28 ZXO is in the cabin which sucks. I'd much prefer it up front like it is on the 35.

What always kills me about these boats are people talking about riding up front at 80 MPH. It is extra seating, you don't have to sit up there running fast. It allows the boat to run in a fun easy cruising setting OR a poker run / performance setting. I have taken 10 people out on my 28 with zero problems, and also run fast with less people all sitting in the back.

The question you have to ask yourself is how many times have you been farting through a slow speed zone, or just running to the local sand bar, that you had people stuffed in the back of the boat? When I go slow all the people spread out, usually to the front, to get a nice open breeze. While at the sand bar people tend to migrate to the bow for a nice breeze (no windshield) and they will eat lunch up there, etc.

Even though these MCOB boats don't have as sexy of a look, especially from a helicopter shot (can't really tell from the straight side view) they really are the ultimate usable performance boat.

Shanghied Again 10-26-2010 01:45 PM

I honestly think there is a great market for that boat. The 28ZXO was a good selling boat. The 35ZR would be a great party boat and cove boat and get you there fast!!

ZXXX Donzi 10-26-2010 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by VetteLT193 (Post 3238792)
Very nice. The sink in the 28 ZXO is in the cabin which sucks. I'd much prefer it up front like it is on the 35.

What always kills me about these boats are people talking about riding up front at 80 MPH. It is extra seating, you don't have to sit up there running fast. It allows the boat to run in a fun easy cruising setting OR a poker run / performance setting. I have taken 10 people out on my 28 with zero problems, and also run fast with less people all sitting in the back.

The question you have to ask yourself is how many times have you been farting through a slow speed zone, or just running to the local sand bar, that you had people stuffed in the back of the boat? When I go slow all the people spread out, usually to the front, to get a nice open breeze. While at the sand bar people tend to migrate to the bow for a nice breeze (no windshield) and they will eat lunch up there, etc.

Even though these MCOB boats don't have as sexy of a look, especially from a helicopter shot (can't really tell from the straight side view) they really are the ultimate usable performance boat.

I always wondered why everyone talks about going 80 in one. I usually run around with 4 people but if I was toting around a nice group, I think it would be a cool party boat.

Donzi Dude 10-28-2010 06:46 PM

What I want to know is where do you get a set of those sweet scoops, seen some on a 43 at LOTO and realy liked the look.