28zx scorpion ... Need help with a check list >

28zx scorpion ... Need help with a check list

Notices

28zx scorpion ... Need help with a check list

Old 06-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 28zx scorpion ... Need help with a check list

Ok so I'm going to look at a 2000 ZX scorpion next week. I have the $$ secured and its 5.5 hours away so I want to make a list of what I need to inspect befor I move forward. The boat has just under 200 hours on it ... But I know that don't mean a thing if its beat. I have a good match compression gauge , drive oil pump to check the drives and replace the oil, .. I have no problem next dating a mossture meter if ya think I should. I just want to have a list of what I should inspect so I don't forget anything. And any info anyone has on scorpions would be cool ....I'm having a hard time finding rebuild hours.

Thank you!!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Registered

General Tools MMD4E Digital Moisture Meter - Amazon.com. ? Any good?
Old 06-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
Ok so I'm going to look at a 2000 ZX scorpion next week. I have the $$ secured and its 5.5 hours away so I want to make a list of what I need to inspect befor I move forward. The boat has just under 200 hours on it ... But I know that don't mean a thing if its beat. I have a good match compression gauge , drive oil pump to check the drives and replace the oil, .. I have no problem next dating a mossture meter if ya think I should. I just want to have a list of what I should inspect so I don't forget anything. And any info anyone has on scorpions would be cool ....I'm having a hard time finding rebuild hours.

Thank you!!
the guy you want to taklk to is mike truesdale on the donzi.org forum...he has almost 400 hours on his and the boat runs like new still..the svorpions are great engines..post 38 this trend ..only thing to look for is cracks under the engine and look at the steps for cracks,,Happiness. . . .
Old 06-07-2013, 04:25 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL, Fixx said exactly what I was going to suggest. Mike is a wealth of knowledge on these boats.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:33 AM
Registered

Thanks guys.... Are you sure that is the right link fixx? I'm on my iPhone right now so I could just be blind ... If I buy this thing I will have register over there
Old 06-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with everyone's comments about reaching out to Mike... I talked to him just before and a few times after I picked up my 2000 Scorpion a couple of years ago. Mike will tell you to look for cracks as others have. I haven't had any "out of the ordinary" issues with mine in the last 2 years and I beat on it pretty hard - as Donzi built it to be! So given that those engines are pretty damn stout, I don't know that you need to necessarily *look* for anything other than what you would on any other boat. My clocks just turned 410 hours this past weekend with us putting almost 1/4 of those on ourselves... So it's a VERY solid platform!

Got any pics of it?
Old 06-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Registered

I do but I can't post pics on here...it's on flea bay
Old 06-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Registered

410 and still running fine... That's good news. I heard a lot gave cracks by the steps? Is that the most common area? I will do some more digging on The Donzi site later to night.... Being o a small phone that's site is a little rough to work
Old 06-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

White with blue and yellow?
Old 06-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Registered

Yup... One of its hour meters look yellowed... No motor pics .... Owner seems real nice.... I figure its worth a shot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.