Looking into my First Donzi 96' Classic 22 >

Looking into my First Donzi 96' Classic 22

Notices

Looking into my First Donzi 96' Classic 22

Old 10-11-2016, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Looking into my First Donzi 96' Classic 22

Looking into a local 22 classic less power. Checked it out in person. Hasn't been used in a few years but I believe it has a lot of potential. It's a bravo setup and used to have decent power pushing it into the 80's. I'll be re-powering with a 600hp 454 setup if all goes through. Knowing it has wood stringers I checked the drain holes and it's slightly wet but doesn't look as if it's gone far. Even the wet stuff was still "hard" and pretty sure it would just need some cleaning, a good drying out and glass the holes to seal out any water going through. Also looking around I found a lot of cracking around the hatch and in the floor. Pretty sure it's just jell coat and there are jell coat blisters on the front. Seats will need some love. Floor seems sturdy but boat overall just needs a good going through and check on everything with wiring etc. Previous owner had a pro charged 454. Boat was in Ohio and now Resides in MD. Don't know how many were made in 96' So any new info would be great to know trying to get into one or if anybody knows the boat. I would post a pic but all 22's looks the same. Has the red center stripe and the 2" Painted stripe on the bottom side. Overall great looking little boat to puddle jump!
Old 10-12-2016, 12:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know the boat you've looked at or what your budget is. You could buy mine and have a lot less too due...

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...e-up-for-a-22C
Old 10-13-2016, 10:19 PM
Registered

Well she approves of moving forward on a purchase. Get the Mrs. Involved that's at least my secret. Make decisions together and involve them in everything so we are both on the same page. So instead of buying a nice 32' Active like I had originally planned at the end of next season. We can have the Gentlemen's Classic and I can keep my 25' for rougher days. Win Win! She likes the lines of the classic. What can I say she has nice taste. Haven't finalized the deal but hope to this week or next. Have some great plans and Ideas if all goes through. Some pics for you guys to enjoy. And fingers crossed I have it at my house by next weekend!

Old 10-13-2016, 10:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like a solid start!
Old 11-02-2016, 11:32 AM
Registered

Little update. Looks like the deal is going through! \m/
Old 11-06-2016, 08:10 AM
Registered

Well, picking it up tomorrow and bringing it home. It needs lots of love so thankfully I can save this one. Some Gel coat work and need to find a drive since this doesn't have one. I do have a nice fresh 454 with around 500hp. Just need to find a drive but I have a bravo I can borrow for a test run in the spring. And hopefully pick up a nice bravo with a -2 IMCO lower. Show be a fun boat that the Mrs. Can drive and grow into.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Congrats. There are also two Donzi specific forums, .org and .net who would be interested in your project and can offer tons of good info. BTW as far as all 22 Classics looking the same, I don't think I've ever seen two that came from the factory exactly the same! Your stainless framed windshield is desired over the newer frameless ones.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Congrats. There are also two Donzi specific forums, .org and .net who would be interested in your project and can offer tons of good info. BTW as far as all 22 Classics looking the same, I don't think I've ever seen two that came from the factory exactly the same! Your stainless framed windshield is desired over the newer frameless ones.
Yes I lucked out on the windshield. I was surprised to find this one didn't have a radio either. It seems these classics also hold their value as well. I wonder with them making new ones again what that could do to the value as well?