26 ZX Big Power Mods >

26 ZX Big Power Mods

Notices

26 ZX Big Power Mods

Old 09-21-2017, 12:05 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Default 26 ZX Big Power Mods

Has anyone ever put big power to a 26ZX. I'm thinking ProCharge and build the 502. My last project make 720 HP and 727 TQ. This would probably be 750 - 800 HP TQ in same range. I understand that the drive will also need upgrading probably B-Max or similar. I have heard of them being squirrely cine walking, etc. over 70. I was told the same with a Velocity 280 this was true when that was top end but with big power you simply accelerated straight through it. One of the best driving boats I've driven when done. This is why I was hoping to chat with someone who has also built this hull. That power should put this hull in the 90+ MPH range. The Velocity ran 94.8 GPS.
Anyone out there?
Old 09-25-2017, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

There have been a few that I have heard of that ran into the 90's and above. When my HP500 had a M1 ProCharger it would touch low 80s and yes it would chine walk at 75 to 77 very common from getting others feedback on this hull. You could drive through it but your passengers might not enjoy it.(My wife and kids didn't hence the reason I don't have a procharger anymore.) I believe the guys name was Bill that had one that would run over a 100 and if you search the forum you find where he stated it was a hand full to drive at those speeds. Good luck you should enjoy it with that power they seem to respond well once you get it up on pad in the low 80's.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:40 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Thank you. I will look a bit deeper in the threads.