Donzi Black Hawk Insc. >

Donzi Black Hawk Insc.

Notices

Donzi Black Hawk Insc.

Old 03-25-2019, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Donzi Black Hawk Insc.

Hello Folks I have a 95 Donzi Black Hawk and I am trying to get it insured, well obviously the underwriter has his little know it all computer and his little computer is negating what I am telling the underwriter what my top speed is on the boat. I am running a 502 SC with a Bravo one shortened drive with a 27" pitch prop. The engine is still a 502 ci and the supercharger has not been touched but its running a mild roller cam and some decent AFR aluminum heads and should be making around 675 hp as it sits the boat will run in the high 70s to low 80s mph, simple right! The insc fellows computer is saying that the boat will run in the 120 mph or higher range, we all know that is virtually impossible with this hull and to live to tell the tale.
What can you guys suggest that i can show this VERY NICE AND EFFECTIVE insc. person to prove to him that my boat will NOT go over what I am telling him?

Thanks much for your help guys!

Karl
Old 03-25-2019, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Just contact Stacey are Wakezone Ins .She understands high performance boats.

Padraig
Old 03-25-2019, 09:12 PM
Registered

Padraig, thanks much for the info if my normal company falls through tomorrow I will call her and get it set. Thanks much for your assistance!
Karl
Old 03-26-2019, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Performance report or articles if available may help. You could also consider calling Donzi or someone in the industry to see if they could provide an email or letter stating what the performance is. I was going to say take it for a run and shoot some video or pics, but if your in ND that may be in July when your ice is gone LOL.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:42 PM
Registered

feverz29 when I pulled my fish house off the lake a month ago our lake had 4' of ice on it, you could have driven a loaded semi on the lake with no trouble! With that said when things start to thaw it can go pretty quickly, but now we are all hoping NOT TO QUICKLY because we have so much snow that needs to melt and if all that goes at once we are in a big flood. I am heading out to pick up the boat next week and if my normal insc. company cant get something going tomorrow sometime I will be going with the company that Padraig suggested, I talked to them today and they seem to want to do some business!\
Thanks again for you help guys!
Karl
Old 04-15-2019, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

The 22 Blackhawk runs low 80's with the factory 415 HP. There is a guy running over 110 in one with some power. The Shelby with a standard Bravo with higher X also runs just over 80 with factory power and the non blackhawk hull. With those power numbers 120 is obviously crazy but I'd think you should be in the mid 90's all day
Old 04-15-2019, 12:56 PM
Registered

VetteLT 193 thanks much for the numbers, I now have the boat and already started tearing things apart, WHY you may ask? My wife asks the exact same question, I dont have a really good answer for her either!! Your reply was very appreciated thanks for taking the time!!
Karl
Old 04-15-2019, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
The 22 Blackhawk runs low 80's with the factory 415 HP. There is a guy running over 110 in one with some power. The Shelby with a standard Bravo with higher X also runs just over 80 with factory power and the non blackhawk hull. With those power numbers 120 is obviously crazy but I'd think you should be in the mid 90's all day
Karl's Blackhawk edition Donzi no longer has the blackhawk drive so speed would be closer to 73 with 415 hp and Bravo drive.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Karl's Blackhawk edition Donzi no longer has the blackhawk drive so speed would be closer to 73 with 415 hp and Bravo drive.
Good catch, I missed the bravo part. But it is a shorty and he said 675HP. I thought you were getting towards 90 with the 525 and shorty?
Old 04-16-2019, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
Good catch, I missed the bravo part. But it is a shorty and he said 675HP. I thought you were getting towards 90 with the 525 and shorty?
I'm seeing low 80s with a best ever recorded speed of 86.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.