Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Donzi (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/donzi-34/)
-   -   33 ZX Fresh Water Winterizing (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/donzi/369058-33-zx-fresh-water-winterizing.html)

8Ballclan 10-23-2020 06:02 AM

33 ZX Fresh Water Winterizing

When winterizing fresh water system is it best to just run the fresh water out via faucet, add then add pink stuff to tank/lines or is there a better way?
FWIW -- 1999 33 ZX with vacuflush

imartin 10-25-2020 12:34 PM

They sell a kit, but what you want to do is be sure the pink stuff is sucked all through the system, then spits out the exhaust. Then, you can remove any of the drain plugs, and then loosen and pull back the water pump hoses off the nipple. So, only fluid left is pink stuff in low elbows, etc.

Quinlan 10-26-2020 07:14 AM

If he is talking the fresh water -ie sink and chitter-
Drain hot water tank and then blow all lines out with compressed air is what we do. Pink stuff will stink up the system.
Someone told me run some Cheap Vodka thru system. Then No stinkie lol and just add Limes and Grapefruit juice in spring :cool-smiley-026:

8Ballclan 11-02-2020 06:54 AM

imartin -- yes, should have clarified better ... I was thinking about the sinks and head. I still have several gal of fresh water in the tank too. This is our first winter with the boat and unlike an RV there's no tank drain sticking out the bottom :) -- I was thinking someone may have come up with a clever way to purge the system rather than just turning on the faucet.

Quinlan -- cheap vodka - lol

Unlimited jd 11-02-2020 07:47 AM

Run the system until no water comes out, if you have a hot water tank drain and bypass it.
if you have a dockside water connection you can pump antifreeze in there, or blow out with air. If not add a gallon or 2 of the pink stuff to the fresh water tank and let that run through the faucets

t500hps 11-02-2020 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by imartin (Post 4763117)
They sell a kit, but what you want to do is be sure the pink stuff is sucked all through the system, then spits out the exhaust. Then, you can remove any of the drain plugs, and then loosen and pull back the water pump hoses off the nipple. So, only fluid left is pink stuff in low elbows, etc.

Um....did you read what the OP wrote at all?

GLENAMY 242SS 11-02-2020 08:47 AM

Do NOT let the anti freeze in the water heater, it will stink and make nasty flavored water that you cannot get rid of until you replace water heater. Be sure to drain and bypass water heater.
Don't forget the fresh and waste tanks.

imartin 11-10-2020 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 4764188)
Um....did you read what the OP wrote at all?

t500hps: No, I did not read what OP wrote at all. Of all the thousands of OSO posts out there, I ironically just replied to this one blindly. Ofcourse I read it, albeit maybe too quickly, sorry I was off the mark a tad, and obviously wasted your time for your reading it. That said, when we all are as perfect and crisp as you, the world will be a better place. Until then, be well. Be safe. Thanks.