Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Donzi (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/donzi-34/)
-   -   Donzi Dealers???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/donzi/86332-donzi-dealers.html)

just add water 09-01-2004 09:45 PM

Donzi Dealers????

Where have all of the Donzi dealers gone???? Does anyone know where the closest dealer would be to the Chicago/NW Indiana area would be? I want to get some work done under warranty as well as get some trim tab indicators installed, and I don't have a clue as to where to begin.

Surely there is a closer dealer than LOTO. Does anyone know what happened?

tiufb 09-02-2004 05:35 AM

Re: Donzi Dealers????

I've had the same problem since I bought my boat in 2000, and I live in Orlando about 150 miles from the factory. Any Mercruiser dealer can do warranty repairs. I found a local Sea Ray dealer with a good reputation, and they have been great. As to the indicator, try a local Fountain, Formula or any performance boat dealer to do the work. The hulls may be different, but they all use the same parts. Good luck

just add water 09-02-2004 10:28 AM

Thanks for the reply. I think that I am going to go to the closest performance boat dealer.

I love the Donzi's, but I have to admit that not having a dealer nearby will affect my thinking the next time I buy a boat.

mjpcowboy 09-02-2004 04:09 PM

Just make certain that you get authorization up front from Donzi. I know some people who have paid non Donzi dealers for the work and turn bill into Donzi only to not get work approved, thus no reimbursement. Rick :(

jaroot 09-03-2004 09:49 PM

nearest donzi dealer that i know of is in Grand Rapids, Michigan...

tiufb 09-04-2004 02:03 PM

Yes, any hull related repairs need prior authorization. I have found Donzi to be very helpful, and easy to work with. Any Mercury related repairs go through Mercury directly, and should not require any out-of-pocket on your part except deductible if any. If it makes you feel any better, all the performance boat manufacturers have dealer turn over. It's not just a Donzi thing.

just add water 09-07-2004 08:10 AM

Thank you for the info...
and it does make me feel better that it's not just Donzi. It's hard to believe that in such a big boating area (Michigan being the state with the most registered boats) that performance dealers can't seem to keep a line.

SmilingBob 09-13-2004 08:17 PM

I know the Donzi dealer that was in the area I would not have recommended!!!

Now that dealer being the Formula dealer I would be careful on whom you have do the service you wan done.

just add water 09-14-2004 08:09 AM

Thanks Bob,

I kind of got that feeling a year ago when I was shopping for a new Donzi. He was adamant that I did not want a Donzi and that what I meant to say was Formula. I didn't appreciate this approach as I had done my research, and have had a bad taste in my mouth ever since.