Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Doug Wright (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/doug-wright-242/)
-   -   looking for a 30 DW or AMT (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/doug-wright/283134-looking-30-dw-amt.html)

turbo94gto 08-20-2012 10:52 AM

looking for a 30 DW or AMT

I am looking for a used 4 seat DW or AMT. Is there any out there that’s for sale or coming for sale? I have been doing some research and realized these boats are all over the world. That being said I am willing to import one if I have to. I have been in contact with predator and may be my only option. My only concern is I cant see one they have completed.

Maritime_Eng 08-20-2012 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by turbo94gto (Post 3757940)
I am looking for a used 4 seat DW or AMT. Is there any out there that’s for sale or coming for sale? I have been doing some research and realized these boats are all over the world. That being said I am willing to import one if I have to. I have been in contact with predator and may be my only option. My only concern is I cant see one they have completed.

Hello-

Good Luck! I looked for over a year for a 30 AMT/DW. I purchased the only true 30DW ever built. All the rest are AMT's. The only used 4 seat canopy AMT for sale that I know of is in Austraillia. I spoke with Arnaldo @ predator many times. If I was not able to make a deal on the boat I have, I would have bought a new predator.

turbo94gto 08-20-2012 12:36 PM

Super re assuring, thanks :(. Since you searched do you how many were built from that mold by any manufacture?

Maritime_Eng 08-20-2012 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by turbo94gto (Post 3758005)
Super re assuring, thanks :(. Since you searched do you how many were built from that mold by any manufacture?

Are you asking how many 4 seat canopy boats were made, or how many 5 seat pleasure boats were made?

I think they made 4 (4 seat canopy) and I not sure may be 10 total (5 seat pleasure boats).

turbo94gto 08-20-2012 01:45 PM

4 seat canopy

Ryan Beckley 08-20-2012 02:52 PM

mmmmm..... Canopy Boats.....

1- DW built one, that is Maritime Eng.

2- There was another built by an unamed party before AMT got the molds, don't know that it was ever finished.

3- YF AMT built the Supreme Marine boat that is now a chop top boat in Ft Lauderdale.

4- LA AMT built the boat that was Cat Trax and was at Pier 57.

5- LA AMT built the S-111 boat that is now in Bermuda

6- LA AMT built the Racing Frenzy boat that is now in Austrailia

7- I know PREDATOR has built at least one that I saw being rigged at Diamond Marine in Ft Lauderdale

is there more??

cdowns 08-20-2012 03:33 PM

Cat Trax is still here at Pier 57. I sold the boat 2 years ago. He paid for the boat had us do 15K worth of custom rigging and never picked it up. It's been over a year since i've talked to the customer. This one might be coming up for sale..

Maritime_Eng 08-20-2012 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley (Post 3758083)
mmmmm..... Canopy Boats.....

1- DW built one, that is Maritime Eng.

2- There was another built by an unamed party before AMT got the molds, don't know that it was ever finished.

3- YF AMT built the Supreme Marine boat that is now a chop top boat in Ft Lauderdale.

4- LA AMT built the boat that was Cat Trax and was at Pier 57.

5- LA AMT built the S-111 boat that is now in Bermuda

6- LA AMT built the Racing Frenzy boat that is now in Austrailia

7- I know PREDATOR has built at least one that I saw being rigged at Diamond Marine in Ft Lauderdale

is there more??

Hey Ryan, I figured you would know way more than the rest of us. Do you have any pics of the chop top one (#3)?

turbo94gto 08-20-2012 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by cdowns (Post 3758103)
Cat Trax is still here at Pier 57. I sold the boat 2 years ago. He paid for the boat had us do 15K worth of custom rigging and never picked it up. It's been over a year since i've talked to the customer. This one might be coming up for sale..

call me so we can chat

Brandon Larson
O.480-656-0878
C. 206-225-6611

dkwestern 08-20-2012 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by cdowns (Post 3758103)

Amazing. Was the buyer in the US? Do you know if the buyer is still alive? I just can't imagine someone dropping 100k (ballpark) and forgetting about it.