bravo trim ram lengths?

Notices

bravo trim ram lengths?

Old 08-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bravo trim ram lengths?

is there different trim ram lengths in the bravo line up?
I have a 95 bravo 1. i went to an aftermarket stainless steel HP gimbal and if i trim right up i can bind my bellhousing and snap it.
I was wondering if there is shorter rams? if not ill get them shortened at a hydraulic shop
thanks.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are trim limit spacers you will need to install behind the trim cylinder cap. 5-10 buch for a set of two and depending how much you need to limit it determines how many you need. I think they are about a 1/2 inch thick. All bravo rams should be the same length.

BTW how was the installation? I was thinking about getting one next spring and had heard issues with some of the earlier ones going right in. Also heard the install issues had been taken care of, but that was from the maker himself. Just wondering if it's as easy as a standard merc replacement.

Last edited by ACrooks69; 08-31-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought an already assembled unit from vinzi marine. Im not sure what to think of it yet. I think i shoulda spend a bit more and got a new merc one