42 fountian trs to bmaxx

Notices

42 fountian trs to bmaxx

Old 11-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 42 fountian trs to bmaxx

1992 42 fountian has anyone done a trs to bravo or bmaxx conversion ? also what were speed gains and handling?thanks for any help
Old 11-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are looking for better handling and speed increase, go Arneson. Same price more or less, when it's all added up. The Bmax usually don't increase speed, it's the other way around.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:00 PM
Registered

I personally have experience with the bamx package, and I really like it. Merc sells an adaptor plate to cover the hole from your trs transom assembly, merc pn# 827691a 1, which is about $840 depending on where you buy it; $2500 bravo transom assembly, again depending on where you get it; and roughly $13,500 for the bmax. Its hell for strong and will handle just about anything you put to it for power, and is absolutely going to be a faster drive package than your current trs package. Just my 2 cents here...

Good luck with your decision!
Old 11-24-2011, 01:46 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,812 Likes on 902 Posts

Other things to consider are that you will either have to move the engines back or install a driveline.
If I was swapping out TRS's, I would probably look toward a Konrad coversion for simplicity sake.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Registered

my boat has extension boxes that went from trs to bravo's....so no new holes in transom and they bolted right up without drilling no into the transom...the boxes came from victory marine in tx....dont know on speed b/c the motors where built at the same time of the conversion....but i will tell you the kv's i have seen on oso and in person the drives are stuck WAY deeper than my setup...so speed should be a few mph faster.....they look bad ass hanging off the back of the boat also.....the boat handles great without any issues and planes well....maybe someone can chime in that has done the conversion without motor upgrades and can tell you mph gained...good luck