Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Drives and Lower Units (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/drives-lower-units-217/)
-   -   Need some part numbers and a good place to buy them... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/drives-lower-units/275037-need-some-part-numbers-good-place-buy-them.html)

zschaefer38 04-23-2012 09:45 AM

Need some part numbers and a good place to buy them...

Put my drives back on today, Bravo one's, and cracked a few simple parts ( I hope simple). First, I need two caps that cover the hinge pin in the gimbal ring. They are held on by two allen screws. I also need 2 plastic caps that cover the bolt hole on the back of the drive where the upper and lower units meet. And lastly, I need the plastic/rubber "sticks" or "sleeves" that go on the prop hubs. Any help???

Griff 04-23-2012 01:54 PM

Those 2 "caps that cover the hinge pin" might be your trim sending units. Do they have wires coming from them???
The plastic caps/plugs for the rear, top of the drive can be bought from any Merc dealer for a few bucks each or you can get some at a hardware store if you can find the right size.
The plastic/delrin prop hub inserts also can be bought from any Merc dealer or BBlades.

zschaefer38 04-23-2012 02:14 PM

Griff. You are right except I have a slightly different setup. That is where my trim unit sender is but i dont have wires come from that unit. What I have is a metal bracket or arm that sets in that pin area and then goes to a separate trim sending unit. So basically all I need is a cap...

Mbam 04-23-2012 07:01 PM

Is this your set up here >Bell Housing

And here > Gimabl ring

These are a late model transom with the digital sender. If I understand what you are looking for there is no "cap" for the hinge pins. They are naked :)

The other plug you are looking for is on the driveshaft housing page.

zschaefer38 04-24-2012 08:23 AM

Actually no, its not that set up either. Where the trim sender is usually, I have a metal bracket that is fitted for the hinge, (so the end of the bracket has a small nipple that goes into the hole where the hinge pin is) probably 4" long and its angled. The other end is attached to one of the 6 nuts that hold the drive on, and attached to the bracket is the sending unit itself. So when the drive is raised or lowered the bracket moves up or down and the sender slides up and down.... I had a flat plastic "cap" that held the nipple into the hinge pin hole. It used two allen screws to keep it place.

Mbam 04-24-2012 09:00 AM

Can you post a photo?

zschaefer38 04-24-2012 09:01 AM

Not at the moment but later I can.

zschaefer38 04-24-2012 10:29 AM

If you got an email address i could email it to you from my phone

Mbam 04-24-2012 10:38 AM

Help@

Mbam 04-24-2012 10:38 AM

bammarine.com