Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
bravo one drive oil in shifter bellow? >

bravo one drive oil in shifter bellow?

Notices

bravo one drive oil in shifter bellow?

Old 02-10-2015, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bravo one drive oil in shifter bellow?

I have drive oil in the shifter bellow not a lot of it but I know it shouldn't be there. any idea what could be causing this and what I need to do to get it taken care of?
Old 02-10-2015, 07:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by 04sonic
I have drive oil in the shifter bellow not a lot of it but I know it shouldn't be there. any idea what could be causing this and what I need to do to get it taken care of?
Do you mean the drive shaft bellow ?......for the life of me, I don't know how you would get drive oil in the shift cable bellow, unless it leaked from the reservior/hose and on to the shift cable and followed it down inside the bellow
Old 02-10-2015, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I have had the Drive shaft bellow fill with oil... now I didnt really know where it was coming from until I pulled it.

BUT, i was losing oil and it was in the start of the tickfaw 200 a few years ago. Our trip was only going to be about 60 miles, but I went thru a few qts of oil.... Yoke Seal blew in drive. Had it rebuilt at Precision Marine and threw it back on.. (washed out the oil in the rubber boot first)
Old 02-11-2015, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah ive had the driveshaft bellow issue but his is actually in the shift cable bellow which is throwing me off