Stern powr drive location on a 24' pantera type hull >

Stern powr drive location on a 24' pantera type hull

Notices

Stern powr drive location on a 24' pantera type hull

Old 07-30-2016, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stern powr drive location on a 24' pantera type hull

So I have a boat shop on vinalhaven in Maine. Finally getting some time to build MY!! new boat. I have a question about height placement of a stern powr MX107 on the transom of a 24' p&d clasic hull.(same as pantera were it counts) I would like to use it as a surface drive. The last boat I had it on was a custom 21' made by north end composites in rockland maine (only six were ever made). And if I remember right when I put it together it was 3" positive and worked real well. But figured the extra prop surface that wouldn't be in the water by going hire on the transom would make up for the extra weight of this 24' hull and deeper vee. I'm trying to be able to use the two props I already have. And stay in roughly the same rpm range. So if anyone has ever stuck a stern powr mx107 on a pantera type hull. What height did you have the cavitation plate at? And what motor was being run. Mph? Thanks so much for any input. Ian.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]557746[/ATTACH]
I would say. Don't waste your time.
Attached Thumbnails Stern powr drive location on a 24' pantera type hull-image.jpg  
Old 07-30-2016, 09:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by class6
[ATTACH=CONFIG]557746[/ATTACH]
I would say. Don't waste your time.
Why?
Old 07-30-2016, 09:14 AM
Registered

Ya. Why say that?
Old 07-30-2016, 09:16 AM
Registered

Can't just post a photo and say don't waste your time and not give any kind of advice or at least say why.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:31 AM
Registered

That hull likes the prop in the water. If you want a 60 mph or less boat or stay in smoother water you will be fine. If you have horse power and want to go. Deeper drives work better on narrow hulls
Old 07-30-2016, 09:53 AM
Registered

Cool. Thanks. So if that's your hull. Can you tell me what your crank center line was from the little tiny ride plate on the bottom that these hills have. I'm getting geared up to glass the old hole that is there now and cut out the new one and want to have it in the best spot for this hull. I have a crusader 496 going in it. 385 hp 500 ft lbs. she would run 72+ in the 21 footer. Actually. That hull is for sale if anyone is interested.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:53 AM
Registered

If your starting from scratch. After all the jerking around and wasting money I have done on a few panteras. And this is only my opinion. I would hang a bravo off a ITS box at 5 to 5 3/4 prop shaft height. The boat will handle the way you would want it to. Instead of chasing drive heights and props and ballast. It's easier to make them handle like a 80 mph hotdog than to steer straight and confident in rough water
Old 07-30-2016, 09:59 AM
Registered

Naw. I already have the hull and drive and motor. Just got done rebuilding the trim cylinders and the transom housing. To turn it back into a 107 transom housing. (Had double shear versus single shear). So I'm going to use what I have. I was very pleased with the way that drive worked on the other hull. Figured it would work dame near as good on this one. Maybe not as fast but still good
Old 07-30-2016, 09:59 AM
Registered

That is not mine. But I heard it never worked. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything. Just tried to save you money and heartache. I've had 24x7s with TRS. TRS with SM Lowers. Bravos. Imco's. Spaced. Shorts and spaced down bravos. And a lot of skeg sizes and shapes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.