Switching bravo one x to standard bravo one requirements >

Switching bravo one x to standard bravo one requirements

Notices

Switching bravo one x to standard bravo one requirements

Old 04-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Switching bravo one x to standard bravo one requirements

I get mixed opinions on that one. I will be swapping my 2006 bravo one x for a new standard bravo one. I've read that when you go from standard to X, you need to add spacers on trim rams. I have plastic spacers right now on my rams. I am doing the opposite. Anything I need to know or do? Thanks
Old 04-08-2017, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

They are the same other than different pinion gear and steel tower. There is no need to change anything in the trim rams.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

that was also my guess!
Old 04-11-2017, 09:05 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Its going from a older transom assembly 1998 era if I recall / serial number run determines all that -- so going to a newer style transoms assembly from that older transom assembly --- the trim rams internally need trim limit blocks installed. If not you crack the gimbal ring when fully trim. The U bolt pinch for the gimbal ring is larger for one of the reason this happens.

REPOSTING my bad as I just remember its the BRAVO III that has this issue

Last edited by BUP; 04-12-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

I think that issue is only with the older large u-joints, the 2006 uses the smaller non-greasable u-joints that I don't think there is an issue with them trimming up higher.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:38 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavour32
I think that issue is only with the older large u-joints, the 2006 uses the smaller non-greasable u-joints that I don't think there is an issue with them trimming up higher.
nope on my end sorry about the info as I miss quoted its for the Bravo III so I will leave this here for those apps ---- the issue is with what I posted for a chance of breaking the Gimbal ring. I promise I know what I am talking about but pertains to the BRAVO III. Once again MY BAD totally.

Its the larger U bolt installed in the gimbal ring as when trimming up without the internal trim limiters installed in the trim rams - the drive presses into the U bolt then cracks the gimbal ring. That's how it happens. Fixed many of them on the Bravo III - AGAIN BRAVO III and reference for anyone whom might need this info.

Last edited by BUP; 04-12-2017 at 01:04 PM.