Bravo 3 Failing? Oil Analysis Results

Old 08-28-2018, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Bummer.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Changed the oil, ran it on the hose in gear at 10 minute increments for a few hours, each time removing the plugs to wipe and check for metal, Shifted in and out of gear multiple times etc. Metal collection faded to nothing and the plugs were eventually both clean, the lower cleared up before the upper. Took it out to the lake and ran it for 1/2 hour to give it some load. Checked the plugs for metal once again. All was clear, headed to the lake for a long weekendI
My assumption is that there was still some metal left in the lower. The upper gears were wearing into their happy spot creating some of the fuzz.
A side bonus is that the shifting into gear is now back to normal and is no longer harsh.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Make it through the long weekend?
Old 09-04-2018, 01:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster
Make it through the long weekend?
The stars aligned for my group and we made it through a holiday weekend at LOTO without a problem. We had a great time, I love that place.
I will recheck the plugs for metal and send another oil sample in for analysis after I recover a bit. I will let you guys know the results.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Glad to hear it :-)
Old 10-08-2018, 03:56 PM
Registered

I wintered last weekend and this is the outcome. Oil came out nice and green, still making some metal, the magnets are doing their jobs. I am guessing the lower gears are pitting making metal but who knows. I am sending another oil sample off to be analyzed, I am curious to see how it compares.
Also found water in my engine oil... I took the exhaust elbow off and it appears the gasket was compromised. I might replace the intake manifold gasket for security but that story is for another forum section.

Old 10-08-2018, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by mtocrs1
I wintered last weekend and this is the outcome. Oil came out nice and green, still making some metal, the magnets are doing their jobs. I am guessing the lower gears are pitting making metal but who knows. I am sending another oil sample off to be analyzed, I am curious to see how it compares.
Also found water in my engine oil... I took the exhaust elbow off and it appears the gasket was compromised. I might replace the intake manifold gasket for security but that story is for another forum section.

Having toasted more Bravos than I care to admit to I will simply say this,,,

Your gear lube smells burnt? Your magnets look like some hip hop afro hair doo? Believe me your drive is spent! You can test the lube till the cows come home, save your money and just tend to the drive, it has a problem, simple as that.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Having toasted more Bravos than I care to admit to I will simply say this,,,

Your gear lube smells burnt? Your magnets look like some hip hop afro hair doo? Believe me your drive is spent! You can test the lube till the cows come home, save your money and just tend to the drive, it has a problem, simple as that.
The upper half of the drive was rebuilt. These are new findings since putting a few hours on it.
Lube no longer smells nor did it turn dark.
Just updating the OG peeps on the thread.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Time for the lower to come apart. Even though you just had the upper done I'd have it gone thru again too for inspection/cleaning with that amount of metal circulating thru the oil.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

BBravo 3 real failure..........Ka Blam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.