Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Drives and Lower Units (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/drives-lower-units-217/)
-   -   Merctrans II parts (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/drives-lower-units/358741-merctrans-ii-parts.html)

bhassett110 01-25-2019 02:31 PM

Merctrans II parts

Does anyone know or have a rebuild kit with seals, clutches, also looking for what I believe is the fwd gear. It is the smaller of the two it has quite a bit if wear on it. Any Info would be much appreciated. Also this is my first post so sorry if there is a better location to put this. I'm sure there is also info on this somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Thanks

rws 01-28-2019 05:39 AM

I have a seal kit and some other parts.
pm me your phone and email.

rob

picklenjim 01-28-2019 04:24 PM

The clutch plates don't come in any kit. All parts for these trannys are NLA from Mercury. You can get the clutch plates online. That clutch drum and some of the associated parts are from a Ford FMX trans. Those are the clutch plates you'll need. There is no specific forward gear. The clutches lock up to give you forward. Those gears create reverse through the planetary when the band locks the drum down. Do you have a manual of this tranny to go by? I can fix you up with one if you need. Not sure exactly which gear you are talking about but I have several merctrans gears. I'll PM you.

bhassett110 01-29-2019 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by picklenjim (Post 4670164)
The clutch plates don't come in any kit. All parts for these trannys are NLA from Mercury. You can get the clutch plates online. That clutch drum and some of the associated parts are from a Ford FMX trans. Those are the clutch plates you'll need. There is no specific forward gear. The clutches lock up to give you forward. Those gears create reverse through the planetary when the band locks the drum down. Do you have a manual of this tranny to go by? I can fix you up with one if you need. Not sure exactly which gear you are talking about but I have several merctrans gears. I'll PM you.

I do not have a manual. I did get your message though, I have been meaning to send both of you a pic of the gear. I understand how it achieves Fwd and reverse now. It is the smaller gear of the two, I WILL get you both pics tonight, Thanks again for the info. So you are saying I should be able to order the drum if needed and clutches from a Ford FMX trans and they will work? That would be awesome I'd rather just put new parts in my case than buy a possible junk Trans from someone not knowing the condition of the internals.

picklenjim 01-30-2019 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=bhassett110;4670244] So you are saying I should be able to order the drum if needed and clutches from a Ford FMX trans

Not the drum but the clutches. The drum has been modified by mercury for use in that trans.

bhassett110 01-31-2019 08:06 AM

[QUOTE=picklenjim;4670465]

Originally Posted by bhassett110 (Post 4670244)
So you are saying I should be able to order the drum if needed and clutches from a Ford FMX trans

Not the drum but the clutches. The drum has been modified by mercury for use in that trans.

Thanks again I believe I can clean up my drum. Thanks for the manual now there will be 100% more confidence when this goes back together.

dwtinc 01-31-2019 02:02 PM

Is there an online manual?

bhassett110 01-31-2019 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by dwtinc (Post 4670595)

picklenjim sent me it via email. I am not sure how to post pics yet or I would share some of the main pages for the merctans here.

picklenjim 01-31-2019 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by dwtinc (Post 4670595)

It's in Mercruiser Service Manual #3. If you supply an email address I'll send it to you in PDF.

dwtinc 02-01-2019 01:00 AM