Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
Penta 290 transom mount to 270 lower? >

Penta 290 transom mount to 270 lower?

Notices

Penta 290 transom mount to 270 lower?

Old 08-13-2019, 01:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Penta 290 transom mount to 270 lower?

Hi guys/gals, I have a boat I built years ago, and it has a 270 Penta with no trim, not even the motor up function, when I built my boat I made the transom to short so the motor up gearbox had to go as it wouldn't fit under my deck, anyway, I have a chance to but a 290 transom mount and the top part of the drive, just not sure how much trouble it will be to get trim, or if it is even possible, does it fit the same transom hole, can I just bolt on the outside of it to my existing, sorry I did some searches but it looks like a lot of the parts interchange, thank you very much for any help, also the guy is asking $450.00 seems high to me.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW....nothing? no help at all?
I am hoping for someone knowledgable to say "hey, all you have to do is unbolt the outside transom mount and bolt on the 290, your drive will fit" or.... "are you out of your Fing mind, you would have to pull the engine pull the entire transom mount and then as you mentioned you probably still won't fit it in there because of the low overhead issue you mentioned in your post"
or...." hey, I have a lower unit and transom mount with trim that will bolt onto your 351 Windsor for a reasonable price. are you willing to make a 3/4" aluminum adapter plate to cover the huge Penta hole? if so just buy mine"
Old 08-16-2019, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Your asking about a 35 year old drive , that hardly anyone has or has experience with .
If you had a Alpha or Bravo.....