496HO/Bravo 1X not taking in water after pumping air out >

496HO/Bravo 1X not taking in water after pumping air out

Notices

496HO/Bravo 1X not taking in water after pumping air out

Old 11-29-2020, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 496HO/Bravo 1X not taking in water after pumping air out

I did the quick pump to get the water out of both of my 496ho/bravo 1x until the green valves popped out couple of weeks ago. A buddy was unaware that I did this and started both engines before relieving the pressure. Now neither drive will bring in and circulate the raw water through the exhaust and the engines heat up very quickly. I tired priming the pump by filling some hoses with water, but was unsuccessful. I also tried using muffs and a hose and the water comes right back out of the drive. Has anyone had this issue or an idea how to fix it?
Old 11-29-2020, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 82 Posts

MY guess if engine was run any length of times, inspect the impellers. I did the same this spring on startup and noticed didn't pump water and found valves were still open like yours. Closed them and all ok, but I only ran engine for 30 seconds at most. This spring I'm doing new impellers.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:17 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

You have burned up the impellers. They need to be replaced.

The air actuators DO NOT displace the sea water side of the cooking system. You are not ‘pumping the water out with air pressure.’

Air pressure applied opens TWO drain actuators on each motor. And the water drains out.

Your impellers were dry and are now smoked, and the sea water pumps could possibly need rebuilt or replaced as well.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 11-29-2020 at 10:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Griff (11-30-2020)