Alpha to bravo adapter >

Alpha to bravo adapter

Notices

Alpha to bravo adapter

Old 01-07-2021, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpha to bravo adapter

Hi guys. Iím an engineer, machinist, welder fabricator. I was wondering if anyone has ever made an adapter for an alpha transom assembly so that you can simply mount a bravo drive on it. Iím not sure of the shaft differences and all that because i donít have the two drives to measure everything. It might be a useless idea, but worth the thought.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

If it’s an alpha from the last 30 years, just remove the alpha transom assy and install a bravo t/a, the cut out is the same, no need to make more work out of something so simple
Old 01-08-2021, 03:16 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JaayTeee View Post
If itís an alpha from the last 30 years, just remove the alpha transom assy and install a bravo t/a, the cut out is the same, no need to make more work out of something so simple
Doesn't the Bravo assembly have two extra bolts going thru the transom?
Old 01-08-2021, 06:01 AM
Registered

Cost and less work was my main focus. If you could use the same gimbal and everything all you would have to do is unbolt the drive. No need to pull the motor. And no need to purchase transom assemblies
Old 01-08-2021, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 221 Likes on 120 Posts

Think of the package as a whole, the alpha isnít a bad drive and they are cheap. Why upgrade to a bravo? Probably because you added more power or itís a heavy boat that eats drives. So youíre going to hang the bravo on the tiny bellhousing and gimbal ring of the alpha transom assembly. Just sounds like a bad idea.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

ive learned a few things from the internet its called fabracoble with some pixee dust and some bumblefukery......... boating is like flying don,t skimp on parts that are important........throw a clone drive on and have fun or re-rig it correctly
Old 01-08-2021, 08:04 PM
Registered

I know a guy that has done exactly this to a older Baja force. Bravo gimbal ring fits right in the alpha assemble. You just have to cut out the sides a little on the transom assembly. His name is Steve Heightchew on FB if you have any questions. Great guy. It’s been on his boat for years with no issues either.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:45 AM
Registered

You can change the gimbal ring in the alpha and put a bravo helmet in it I believe
I guess I shouldíve read the guys post above first before I responded

Last edited by hullofjustis; 01-09-2021 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Adding