Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Multi Media Gallery > Eaton Photos
OPA/ St. Clair Race Results >

OPA/ St. Clair Race Results

Notices

OPA/ St. Clair Race Results

Old 07-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on Brian, you know what the american pond boating association was all about. This racing on ponds is not cool if you call it offshore racing.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well gee. Since I live in Ohio, I thank God racing happens more than just on the East coast and the West coast. That would suck pretty bad for those of us that dont live on an Ocean Yup. You guys are right. No rough water on lakes and rivers... I mean ... no freighters ever sink in those places from the water conditions

St Clair is one of the premier race sites. The racers love it. The fans love it and the town loves having us there. Big THANK YOU to all those that put this race on and to the racers who showed up and raced
Old 07-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,630 Likes on 3,769 Posts

St clair is a great event for the city, its the biggest thing to happen all summer long! great for fans! which is what the sport needs. Sorry I missed it this year!
Old 07-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not saying the venues arent great and they cant get bumpy. I just think that most people prefer to see the boats launching.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SVL-WARLOCK
I am not saying the venues arent great and they cant get bumpy. I just think that most people prefer to see the boats launching.
Actually, I believe most want to see a close race and not just a parade of boats go by. They also want to see the whole event and have a great time doing it.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I was there all weekend and have been going to this event for about the last 10 years. I must say all the spectators I talked to loved the new course. The glory days of offshore were cool. stand at the dock and wave goodbye to the racers and see which ones come back beat up and bruised a half hour later. But that isn't going to bring in spectators. If you want sponsers to put money into the sport they need to see spectators at the event.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think they need to rethink the 4 race start 12 noon to 7 pm is a long day. Many people left before the last race. The three race format in previous years i thought worked better.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bill63
I think they need to rethink the 4 race start 12 noon to 7 pm is a long day. Many people left before the last race. The three race format in previous years i thought worked better.
The freighter traffic had a big impact on schedule. It was not anyones intent to have the race go off that late.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SVL-WARLOCK
Come on Brian, you know what the american pond boating association was all about. This racing on ponds is not cool if you call it offshore racing.
We raced in W.Palm rough , Corpus Christi , The Keys , NC , Toronto , St Clair , etc. It was rough one week w/ little wheels and flat the next w/ big ones. Flat water races are never really flat though and the speeds always bring more excitement.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

If all of this talk of shorter courses were true, than why are there fewer fans and spectators than ever before?

Once again, I am not saying that this was not good racing, I am just saying that it in no way resembles offshore racing. Would you ever confuse NASCAR and Formula 1? No chance. How would NASCAR fans (me being one of them) feel if they showed up at the next race and instead of seeing their favorite driver racing on a 1 mile oval, they got to see them in a Formula 1 car on a road course? I think Formula 1 is great racing, I just don't happen to be big fan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.