OPA/ St. Clair Race Results

Notices

OPA/ St. Clair Race Results

Old 07-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hustler40
The freighter traffic had a big impact on schedule. It was not anyones intent to have the race go off that late.
agreed, but i was told racel control had a list of freighter traffic for the day so they should not be a big surprise .
Old 07-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bill63
agreed, but i was told racel control had a list of freighter traffic for the day so they should not be a big surprise .
I was over by race control when this went down. What happened was the boats all kicked off the dock around 5:15 for the final race. The next freighter that would have had an impact on the race wasn't supposed to leave the dock until 6. That freighter kicked off early, and was the freighter heading north bound. So they held the boats up to let him pass. This took almost 30 minutes. Then the problem was the two south bound freighters were now less then a half hour away. So if they went green after the first freighter left, the south bound freighters would have shown up mid race. So they made the call to wait until the two south bound freighters cleared. If that first northbound freighter wasn't over an hour ahead of schedule all would have been good, the race would have ran and been completed much earlier. Also the racers wouldn't have had to sit in the mooring area for over 45 minutes. I really believe the race control did thier best to corridinate, but the big ships ultimately can do what they want and have the right away in the shipping channel.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Anyone know who won class 3?
Old 07-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

I was over by race control when this went down. What happened was the boats all kicked off the dock around 5:15 for the final race. The next freighter that would have had an impact on the race wasn't supposed to leave the dock until 6. That freighter kicked off early, and was the freighter heading north bound. So they held the boats up to let him pass. This took almost 30 minutes. Then the problem was the two south bound freighters were now less then a half hour away. So if they went green after the first freighter left, the south bound freighters would have shown up mid race. So they made the call to wait until the two south bound freighters cleared. If that first northbound freighter wasn't over an hour ahead of schedule all would have been good, the race would have ran and been completed much earlier. Also the racers wouldn't have had to sit in the mooring area for over 45 minutes. I really believe the race control did thier best to corridinate, but the big ships ultimately can do what they want and have the right away in the shipping channel.
To bad we didn't know that about the north bound freighter we all could have giving them the royal salute when they passed. O well still a great race...
Old 07-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
i believe 28 cat crime pays, tko broke, 32 skater bull on beach broke . only 3 in class
Old 07-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We did have fun but i always liked the big water races. I mean it was hard in Fort Meyers which was flat. I did lead and win that race. lol I just am not a fan.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by smokeybandit
If all of this talk of shorter courses were true, than why are there fewer fans and spectators than ever before?

Once again, I am not saying that this was not good racing, I am just saying that it in no way resembles offshore racing. Would you ever confuse NASCAR and Formula 1? No chance. How would NASCAR fans (me being one of them) feel if they showed up at the next race and instead of seeing their favorite driver racing on a 1 mile oval, they got to see them in a Formula 1 car on a road course? I think Formula 1 is great racing, I just don't happen to be big fan.
Funny you mention that, as NASCAR runs road races and short tracks, not every race is Daytona.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by smokeybandit
If all of this talk of shorter courses were true, than why are there fewer fans and spectators than ever before?

Once again, I am not saying that this was not good racing, I am just saying that it in no way resembles offshore racing. Would you ever confuse NASCAR and Formula 1? No chance. How would NASCAR fans (me being one of them) feel if they showed up at the next race and instead of seeing their favorite driver racing on a 1 mile oval, they got to see them in a Formula 1 car on a road course? I think Formula 1 is great racing, I just don't happen to be big fan.
Not trying to change the subject, but did you happen to notice all the Empty Seats at the Nascar Brickyard 400 this weekend? All forms of racing are suffering in attendance as a result of the economy.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Tom?? I remember when we used to race around the freighters that used to make it interesting.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Bull on the Beach won. The did break a steering line after the start finish line.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.