OPA/ St. Clair Race Results >

OPA/ St. Clair Race Results

Notices

OPA/ St. Clair Race Results

Old 07-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee
Tom?? I remember when we used to race around the freighters that used to make it interesting.

Tom had the other Hustler40, and yes those were wild races running around the freighters.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:16 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

------I live about two miles south of St.Clair and I can tell you that the city of St.Clair and the surrounding areas are very, very happy to have all of you visit the area for the races weather the course was long or short. I and many other spectators seemed to like the shortened course as we can see the whole course from many different spots. It may not be the Miami to Nassua race, but who actually saw one of them in its entirety as a spectator back then. Thank all of you who came.........Bill S
Old 07-27-2010, 12:42 AM
Shoot'n Motion @ 1/80 Sec
Commercial Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Geez, this thread has been busy, since yesterday afternoon.

Updated Unofficial Results from Races 2, 3, & 4.

Unofficial Race 2 Results:

P1: Saratoga Stampede
Cat OB: Talbot Excavating
P3: Bull On the Beach

Unofficial Race 3 Results:

Cat Lite: Amsoil
Super Vee: R Rated (ran an extra lap, and spun out, after having already taken the checkered flag, though flag was initially given to Smitty)
Vee Lite: Watch Your Back (finish was under review, however, I was informed that WYB, was determined the winner)

Unofficial Race 4 Results: (7 Boats total with orders of finish)

Cat Extreme: Geico, Cat Can Do
Supercat: Qatar 95, WHM, Qatar 96, BWP, TNT (TNT & WHM had a collision in turn 1, thus TNT fell off the pace, after said incident.)
Old 07-27-2010, 07:08 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bill63
I think they need to rethink the 4 race start 12 noon to 7 pm is a long day. Many people left before the last race. The three race format in previous years i thought worked better.
noon to 7pm equals more beer sales and thats what pays for the event.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:21 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
noon to 7pm equals more beer sales and thats what pays for the event.
tell that to all patrol ,pace, turns boat people that donated there time and money to make the race a success. I no of one patrol boat that has done this for many years and said it was there last. Asking someone to patrol for 8 hours in choppy waters useing there own fuel is a lot to ask for.

Last edited by bill63; 07-27-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quit all your dam whining! This was the ultimate event of the year.Why do people always have to find fault with something.If you dont like it stay home!!!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

This conversation is just like going around and around in a small racing circle.

I am NOT, I repeat NOT complaining about the racing that took place in St. Clair. It was great short track circle racing. My complaint is calling the racing that took place OFFSHORE racing. It's like calling Barak Obama a Republican. Although he is a politician, and he is President, he is in no way a Republican. Don't you think all Republicans would get offended?

Rename the sport!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

OFFSHORE Racing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7vurWhdgFE
Old 07-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeybandit
This conversation is just like going around and around in a small racing circle.

I am NOT, I repeat NOT complaining about the racing that took place in St. Clair. It was great short track circle racing. My complaint is calling the racing that took place OFFSHORE racing. It's like calling Barak Obama a Republican. Although he is a politician, and he is President, he is in no way a Republican. Don't you think all Republicans would get offended?

Rename the sport!
With all due respect, who really cares what you call it, everybody that has a performance boat, vee or cat, with through hull exhaust is known as an "OFFSHORE" or "CIGARETTE" by everyone, except a few experts but does it really matter. To the general public that goes to see the races or sees one of these boats on the Pond, Lake, River or Ocean, call them Offshore or Cigarette's. It was great racing and a great event and I will continue going to see "the Boats" race no matter what you want to call them.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by heater63
Quit all your dam whining! This was the ultimate event of the year.Why do people always have to find fault with something.If you dont like it stay home!!!!!
Great attitude i am sure all the fans and volenteers appreciate your comment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.