Going to try this fm transmitter >

Going to try this fm transmitter

Notices

Going to try this fm transmitter

Old 03-09-2015, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonyb
Are you using the RCA output on the back of the head unit to go to each boat? In most cases that won't work as they'll be used for amps.
All the boats have RCA line inputs or some have the 1/8" stereo jack for connecting something like an MP3 player. I just carry several 20' RCA cables and then have Y cables that we can go from boat to boat. Also have the adaptors to go into the 1/8" jacks.

I have VirtualDJ loaded on my laptop. I just setup a playlist and we go all day without having to worry. That goes out to a 5v line driver and then off to the other boats. That way everyone can control volume at their own boat.

Check out www.virtualdj.com there is a free home edition
Old 03-09-2015, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mentioned the boats have inputs. Are you using the RCA Output?

Agree with what Chargeit says, no matter how you do it, there's gonna be a loss of loudness or quality. It's better to be cabled but not everybody has that option.