Starboard motor cuts out wt. accessories >

Starboard motor cuts out wt. accessories

Notices

Starboard motor cuts out wt. accessories

Old 08-03-2017, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Starboard motor cuts out wt. accessories

Greetings,I have a 33Ft 1990 scarab w/ twin 454 motors,my starboard motor looses power at WOT when I turn on my accessories i.e. lights,radio etc,Changed the battery and alternator and at 1500 rpm reads 14.2 volts at the battery terminals but my voltmeter on my dash reads only 8-10.Port engine and voltmeter works fine .Radio also seems to cut out if I crank it or when I start my motors?Not sure its a faulty ground or voltage regulator?
Old 08-03-2017, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

You have a corrosion issue. Suggest start with battery cables at both ends, and look under the insulation. Clean everything up shinny, then pull the 10 pin engine harness connectors and clean. Follow up behind helm to the buss bars
Old 08-07-2017, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Many thanks to all,it was a loose main motor harness that was loose but still snugly wrapped up,re clamped it and power galore !. Unfortunately while driving happily my port engine cut out shortly thereafter and lost power to the coil.Now I have to figure my other motor electrical problem: