Garmin Transducer Troubleshooting >

Garmin Transducer Troubleshooting

Notices

Garmin Transducer Troubleshooting

Old 05-29-2018, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garmin Transducer Troubleshooting

I have a Garmin GPSmap 441s with the transducer mounting inside, shooting through the hull. The transducer is an AirMar P79 (31-234-3-01). Over the past couple of seasons it's worked on and off, but now has stopped reading all together. Is there any way to troubleshoot one of these or is it fairly normal for them to stop working? I've tried removing and plugging the connector back into the unit and verified that there are no bent or missing pins. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2018, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

The transducer is out of fluid from evaporation or excessive wave crushing or a leak... 100%. Find the transducer, grab it and turn counter clockwise and remove. Probably low or out of fluid. Fill with the premix green or non toxic antifreeze whichever you prefer . Has to be premixed not concentrate. The cheaper the better. After filling to the brim slowly push transducer back in and excess fluid will shove out. Wipe area clean and test. Look for signs of leaking a cpl days later from under the cup.. If leaking seal as necessary.

Chris
Old 06-04-2018, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip. I pulled it apart and it was low, but not dry. I topped it off so I'll have to wait until I can get back out to see if it'll work now.

Craig
Old 06-06-2018, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vanharca
thanks for the tip. I pulled it apart and it was low, but not dry. I topped it off so i'll have to wait until i can get back out to see if it'll work now.

Craig
should fix it, had same problem did same fix, works like new again.