Mercury Smartcraft sc5000 race edition >

Mercury Smartcraft sc5000 race edition

Notices

Mercury Smartcraft sc5000 race edition

Old 09-07-2018, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mercury Smartcraft sc5000 race edition

looking for replacement display, looking for some one that has upgraded to vessel view. My has faded top two corners and wanting to replace display only
Old 12-21-2018, 05:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found this company on Ebay. They advertise $250 to replace the screen. They have good reviews on several forums.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCURY-SMA...N/223255432099

PERFORMANCE DESIGN

1-407-790-5642
ORLANDO, FL
Old 12-21-2018, 12:13 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I do not see how thay can set a fixed price for electronics when they do not have it in their hands for $250. Depending on what the failure was and components needing replaced. ??? Impossible to give out a set price of 250. I would watch out for companies like that as possible after the fact the bill could always be higher.

Anyways possible I could fix your old unit but will not give out a price until I know whats wrong with it and it might even be under 250 bucks for a complete fix as again depending on whats wrong with it.
Old 12-21-2018, 12:51 PM
Registered

Very true. I don’t trust anyone until I’ve done full research! I had this unit with Faded LCD screen. I searched the forums on this company and read many good reports. But I haven’t sent my unit to them. What would fix a faded screen other than replacement with a new one? How much is a new screen replacement BUP???! I ended up installing a GO7 Simrad and Vessel Link setup and it’s beautiful but was close to 3k when it was said and done for the parts and install. I will get the other one repaired soon to sell or sell as is

Last edited by Mauryloomis; 12-21-2018 at 08:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-21-2018, 03:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Vessel view

Do a search on this forum using "vessel view upgrade". I completed an upgrade from SC5000 to Vessel view on our Formula 353. You will be pleased with the vessel view.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:19 PM
Registered

The fix is around 250. The upgrade to Simrad GO7 and vessel link box plus install into the dash and NMEA backbone was close to $3k. I used the Simrad vs the Mercury vessel view 703 because the Simrad has the GPS and full function chart plotter and radar support. The Mercury does not have the full feature set and is more expensive. Plus the Navico makes the Simrad and Mercury I it’s so basically the same unit just Mercury’s cost more and gives you less.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:37 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Once you use a Simrad, I put in 2 G05 due to space constraints, you will dump the Atari 2600 Vessel View. Plus you can run a NMEA 2000 compatible stereo thru the Simrad and have full control of it.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:39 PM
Registered

VoodooRob - My Scarab was setup with the GO7 and Fusion Apollo MS-RA770, worked great but the GO7 didn't allow control of the XM module, so had to use the Fusion remote for that or cell phone ap. The 43V has the older Kenwood marine unit that you have with the same remote controller in the dash. Did you get the Kenwood working with the Simrad, given that it's not NMEA connected? Just curious is there's some sort of adapter? Might not worry about it since there is a controller on the dash already AND the Simrad cannot control XM. Will have to see how the Kenwood sounds, it's new to me. The Fusion was a killer setup, with the remotes all NMEA they could display data from the Simrad (speed, etc.) eliminating the need for additional smaller Simrads in the headrests or on the passenger dash area, etc. Also loved the multi ZONE features of the Fusion units to control the volume separate in the cabin, driver, and back seat area. Boat electronics and congurations had really come a long way! I'll be adding a lot of LED lighting functionality to the 43 as well as CZONE control of some of the existing and new LED/etc. switching.

Last edited by Mauryloomis; 12-21-2018 at 09:42 PM. Reason: pic dup
Old 12-22-2018, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by Mauryloomis
I found this company on Ebay. They advertise $250 to replace the screen. They have good reviews on several forums.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCURY-SMA...N/223255432099

PERFORMANCE DESIGN
1-407-790-5642
ORLANDO, FL
I can see how they can do it for 250 because they are replacing the only the display. They should know how much that cost

NOTE: THIS LISTING IS FOR THE REPAIR AND RECONDITIONING OF THE LCD ON YOUR MERCURY SMARTCRAFT OUTBOARD MULTIFUNCTION GAUGE, DUE TO PROLONGED SUN EXPOSURE. ELECTRICALLY FAULTY UNITS ARE NOT REPAIRABLE AT THE TIME. THE UNIT MUST BE IN WORKING CONDITION BUT NOT LEGIBLE OR FAINT
Old 12-22-2018, 09:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mauryloomis
VoodooRob - My Scarab was setup with the GO7 and Fusion Apollo MS-RA770, worked great but the GO7 didn't allow control of the XM module, so had to use the Fusion remote for that or cell phone ap. The 43V has the older Kenwood marine unit that you have with the same remote controller in the dash. Did you get the Kenwood working with the Simrad, given that it's not NMEA connected? Just curious is there's some sort of adapter? Might not worry about it since there is a controller on the dash already AND the Simrad cannot control XM. Will have to see how the Kenwood sounds, it's new to me. The Fusion was a killer setup, with the remotes all NMEA they could display data from the Simrad (speed, etc.) eliminating the need for additional smaller Simrads in the headrests or on the passenger dash area, etc. Also loved the multi ZONE features of the Fusion units to control the volume separate in the cabin, driver, and back seat area. Boat electronics and congurations had really come a long way! I'll be adding a lot of LED lighting functionality to the 43 as well as CZONE control of some of the existing and new LED/etc. switching.

will this run triples ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.