Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Electronics (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/electronics-291/)
-   -   smartcraft/vessel view/fuel level (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/electronics/368391-smartcraft-vessel-view-fuel-level.html)

30outlaw 09-08-2020 11:25 AM

smartcraft/vessel view/fuel level

so I ran smartcraft to the helm, using on older vessel view race edition that I had collecting dust on the shelf and have a pair of the MX 6.2's. reassigned the ecu's everything seems to work. Went the next step, called Mercury tech support got the part number for the fuel level sending unit harness. engine side is "simple plug and play" (with the exception that neither if the 2 wires on the harness matched the wires on the engine) pulled the terminals out of the wire harness i got lined them up with the engine harness. I called formula got the wire diagram of the boat pink wire on sending unit goes to signal on the analog gauge(pulled the dash down to verify this and it was correct) spliced the pink wire in and nothing..... went through the setup on vessel view several times cant get fuel level to show up. called mercury tech support and walked through everything with them and no joy. they said to take it to the dealer.... Fun fact i also hooked it up the the port engine and did all the setups and calibrations and same thing no joy.... what am i missing?

bencini231 09-13-2020 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by 30outlaw (Post 4756185)
so I ran smartcraft to the helm, using on older vessel view race edition that I had collecting dust on the shelf and have a pair of the MX 6.2's. reassigned the ecu's everything seems to work. Went the next step, called Mercury tech support got the part number for the fuel level sending unit harness. engine side is "simple plug and play" (with the exception that neither if the 2 wires on the harness matched the wires on the engine) pulled the terminals out of the wire harness i got lined them up with the engine harness. I called formula got the wire diagram of the boat pink wire on sending unit goes to signal on the analog gauge(pulled the dash down to verify this and it was correct) spliced the pink wire in and nothing..... went through the setup on vessel view several times cant get fuel level to show up. called mercury tech support and walked through everything with them and no joy. they said to take it to the dealer.... Fun fact i also hooked it up the the port engine and did all the setups and calibrations and same thing no joy.... what am i missing?

I was thinking that I have read where the smartcraft has to be turned on/enabled by a Mercury tech computer for the data to show up. I could be wrong on that, but I rings a bell for some reason from a old post on here.

30outlaw 09-13-2020 07:53 PM

not "turned on" per se, but all engines ship from the factory labeled as starboard, and the boat builder has to assign one as port in the ecm/pcm. and i already did that, I installed the old race view from the 30 outlaw into the formula 280.... everthing is working, just no fuel level. working with a merc tech guy he is verifying something but he thinks the fuel harness was build wrong and ill have to swap pins around.

MikeScarab28XLT 09-15-2020 12:11 PM

Split the pink wire tho the old gauge and the engine smartcraft dont work.
Go from the tank with a pink wire to the engine fuel1 and the smartcraft works.
Go from the jBoy to a AGI and from the AGI to the old analog gauge and the gauge works to. Split dont work.