Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Electronics
496 Fuel Pressure monitor via nmea2000? >

496 Fuel Pressure monitor via nmea2000?

Notices

496 Fuel Pressure monitor via nmea2000?

Old 08-16-2022, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 496 Fuel Pressure monitor via nmea2000?

Been googling but haven't found any simple solutions. Does anyone have any experience how to monitor fuel pressure from the cockpit without using a mechanical gauge? I would really like to have this in my garmin unit since it has the support for pressure sensors.
And secondly, where would be the best place for the sensor permanently? On the schrader valve (doesn't feel right)?

Found the Maretron Fluid Presure Monitor FPM100 but it requires another product for setup (like their gateway ipg100). It just seems overly complicated and expensive to buy two different units for 300$ and that's not even with the pressure transducer.
That has to bought somewhere else, because theirs aren't approved for gasoline! Seems that they're outdated, why not make a clean package all-in-one?

Appreciate any thoughts!

Last edited by rokj; 08-17-2022 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-16-2022, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts

Smartcraft has no sensor for fuel pressure. You will have to go the mechanical route or maybe find a aftermarket electronic sender that you can "T" into the fuel rail?

Old 08-16-2022, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 608 Likes on 285 Posts

Schrader valve location is perfectly acceptable for obtaining a fuel pressure reading, but a permanently installed sender typically requires removal of the core of the schrader valve.
The following users liked this post:
rokj (08-16-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 11:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
Schrader valve location is perfectly acceptable for obtaining a fuel pressure reading, but a permanently installed sender typically requires removal of the core of the schrader valve.
I didn't think of that, good idea. Might want to make a T-connection there to be able to bleed the system if necessary (had to do just that after installing the engine)

Last edited by rokj; 08-16-2022 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-16-2022, 11:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by techman View Post
Smartcraft has no sensor for fuel pressure. You will have to go the mechanical route or maybe find a aftermarket electronic sender that you can "T" into the fuel rail?
That's what I was thinking but haven't found a nmea2000 compatible sender..
Old 09-21-2022, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cant post pics yet
Old 09-21-2022, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-21-2022, 10:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 790 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by rokj View Post
Been googling but haven't found any simple solutions. Does anyone have any experience how to monitor fuel pressure from the cockpit without using a mechanical gauge? I would really like to have this in my garmin unit since it has the support for pressure sensors.
And secondly, where would be the best place for the sensor permanently? On the schrader valve (doesn't feel right)?

Found the Maretron Fluid Presure Monitor FPM100 but it requires another product for setup (like their gateway ipg100). It just seems overly complicated and expensive to buy two different units for 300$ and that's not even with the pressure transducer.
That has to bought somewhere else, because theirs aren't approved for gasoline! Seems that they're outdated, why not make a clean package all-in-one?

Appreciate any thoughts!
Why do FP why not just go with O2?
Old 09-21-2022, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

I have an Afr and fuel pressure gauge in little cups. Not a fan of those but didn’t have to butcher things too much. Running a fuel pressure sender from the return regulator.
Old 09-23-2022, 02:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by smokediver View Post

I have an Afr and fuel pressure gauge in little cups. Not a fan of those but didnít have to butcher things too much. Running a fuel pressure sender from the return regulator.
Interesting, do you know the brand/model of the fuel pressure sender?