Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Eliminator
Tinkering with setup on my new to me 30' Daytona >

Tinkering with setup on my new to me 30' Daytona

Notices

Tinkering with setup on my new to me 30' Daytona

Old 06-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply on the 22 Daytona. I was going to add those tabs and someone told me they would be out of the water at high speed and not help me. I just wanted the turnbuckle style like you have but I am real tight on room. So I am assuming you guys think these will work? And yes I do have a stock bravo 1 but it is mounted real high. (above the rub rail) Thanks for the help.

Here is a pic of the back
Old 06-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Don't know if this will help at all but on my 27 XR/2" Shorty i was concerned about getting out of the hole.Couldn't find a Imco cav plate so i made one.3mm stainless plate that bolts to the top box plate.Extends about the same distance as a stock Bravo cav plate would.My X is level with the bottom of my sponsons.1:27 lower 34 pitch Bravo 1.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 22 DAYTONA
Thanks for the reply on the 22 Daytona. I was going to add those tabs and someone told me they would be out of the water at high speed and not help me. I just wanted the turnbuckle style like you have but I am real tight on room. So I am assuming you guys think these will work? And yes I do have a stock bravo 1 but it is mounted real high. (above the rub rail) Thanks for the help.

Here is a pic of the back
the cavitation plate Cattitude was reffering to is the flat area where your drive shower pick up tube is mounted. On the imco shorties that area is removed. The hull extensions really wont be out of the water. while your hull does lift and release from the water the faster you go the back few feet still stay in the water. Does that make sense?
Old 06-21-2007, 05:20 PM
Registered

Yes I have them on my 20' jet to get rid of the porpoise and they work great. I only had to set them maybe 1/16 to 1/8 below the level of the hull to correct the problem. It actually gained about 3mph when I added them.
Is 12x9 long enough to correct my problem?
Old 06-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Here is a picture of a 2" Imco shortie with a cativation plate. As Cattitude says, the 2" shortie has a short cativation plate and the Imco addon doesn't look much longer than the one on a stock drive.
Attached Thumbnails Tinkering with setup on my new to me 30' Daytona-dscn2288cropped.jpg  
Old 06-22-2007, 07:25 AM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Question

Originally Posted by rbtnt
Here is a picture of a 2" Imco shortie with a cativation plate. As Cattitude says, the 2" shortie has a short cativation plate and the Imco addon doesn't look much longer than the one on a stock drive.
rbtnt, not to sound like an idiot, but what is that fitting on the upper tail of your outdrive, and what does it do? I initially thought it was something to help cavitate your prop.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LIMNATR
rbtnt, not to sound like an idiot, but what is that fitting on the upper tail of your outdrive, and what does it do? I initially thought it was something to help cavitate your prop.

Fair question- looks like you could funnel air in that way, does not look stout enough or in the right place to be a steering piece....
Old 06-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Registered

Thanks guys. I ordered a set of tabs from Dana last night. I will post the results when installed.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

I'm running the Dana tabs on my 25 Daytona, well worth the money. The boat planes like its got 26 Maximus on it, not a labbed finished 32 .
Old 06-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Registered

Great! They told me to weeks to get through powder coat so I will be impatiently waiting.

Quick Reply: Tinkering with setup on my new to me 30' Daytona

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.