28 Daytona Sea Strainers? >

28 Daytona Sea Strainers?

Notices

28 Daytona Sea Strainers?

Old 05-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 28 Daytona Sea Strainers?

I spent a good 3 hours last night cleaning out the oil coolers on my boat and realized that I need to get some sea strainers installed. Does anyone have pics of their sea strainer installs? I am interested specifically in mounting locations and the type of sea strainers that people are using.

Thanks!
Old 05-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CheckedOut
I spent a good 3 hours last night cleaning out the oil coolers on my boat and realized that I need to get some sea strainers installed. Does anyone have pics of their sea strainer installs? I am interested specifically in mounting locations and the type of sea strainers that people are using.

Thanks!
These are a must in my opinion. I had mine put in after I took delivery of it. Just seemed to risky. Unfortunately I no longer have my 28, but seem to recall them being mounted directly to a high spot in the bilge forward of the motors, so that I could easily inspect them just by opening the hatch. They worked flawlessly for me, and did have to clean them out 5-6 times per season - especially late in the season for us when we see more sea weed.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Registered

Amen on them being a must.

I spoke with John Lovell at Eliminator earlier and he said they use the 2101 Teagues and to put them as low as possible. I am going to check the fitment and get them ordered.....
Old 05-29-2009, 07:14 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Amen on them being a must.

I spoke with John Lovell at Eliminator earlier and he said they use the 2101 Teagues and to put them as low as possible. I am going to check the fitment and get them ordered.....
Yes..when I mean high spot, I mean still down in the base of the bilge but not at the very bottom of the hull (ie. if I had a little water in the bottom of my bilge the strainers woudn't be sitting in that water...but the vertical height was defintely lower than the motors.

Good luck.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Registered

I run the Teague's and they are mounted on the stringer just behind where the front motor mounts are attached to the stringer towards the inside (center) bilge. Easy to get to and I agree, they are a must.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Registered

At what point do you need strainers that have a pressure release valve? It looks like the Teagues don't have a pressure release valve on them......
Old 05-29-2009, 06:53 PM
Registered

At what point do you need strainers that have a pressure release valve? It looks like the Teagues don't have a pressure release valve on them......

The ones I have do have a place to screw in a pressure relief valve, its a modified "watts" valve that I also got from Teague...you will likely need them.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jdnca1
The ones I have do have a place to screw in a pressure relief valve, its a modified "watts" valve that I also got from Teague...you will likely need them.
Perfect. I didn't see anything in there docs about it. I will call teague and make sure I get everything. DO you by chance know what size of hose is on your boat from the pickups on the hull? Mine are gigantic....probably bigger than -12s. I am going to measure them tommorow.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Registered

I used regular 1 1/4" water line with slip on fittings. If they used braided as a substitute for water line it's more like -20.

Last edited by jdnca1; 05-29-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Mine are mounted directly in front of my motors. I will post some pics later today or tomorrow morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.