Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Eliminator (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/eliminator-35/)
-   -   1985 23' Daytona valuation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/eliminator/305921-1985-23-daytona-valuation.html)

Conquistador 12-01-2013 11:12 PM

1985 23' Daytona valuation

6 Attachment(s)
I have had this 23' Daytona Limited Edition Offshore for about 20 years, but I rarely have taken it out. It was made with Kevlar and 7 colors of gelcoat (the bow deck has a fade effect in the brown from the factory). It is updated with a Bravo drive and IMCO lower with a 468 blower motor and dual ram external steering. It has all gold and black anodized or powdercoated fittings including the rubrail. The boat looks almost like a new one, but Elimiator has not made the complicated deck for a few decades. It has the original upholstery and sits on the original Competetive trailer made in California. I have been thinking about selling it and thought I would ask here in the Eliminator OSO forum what it might be worth. The top speed I ever saw was 93MPH. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Bill

I forgot to mention that it has a custom made Sunbrella mooring cover, remote fuel crossover by IMCO, Savage oil cooler, 3 original engine cover pieces, and other additions I am not remembering right now.

Neil_98 12-22-2013 05:10 PM

Cool boat! A couple months ago I picked up a 1985 23 daytona hull and did a similar set up. Took the speedmaster off and put a bravo 1 and 468 blower motor. Curious what is your x diminsion?

Conquistador 12-23-2013 01:27 AM

What brand speedmaster did you take off?
About 20 years ago, I decided to upgrade to a Bravo drive from the Volvo Penta it came with. I made quite a few calls around the country to find out how high I could set the X. Mine has a little trouble getting on plane with a few people on board, but if they lean forward, it planes right off with the 4 blade Hydromotive prop. With only 2 on board there is no problem. I would say it is as high as it can be, but I don't remember the X. If you want, I could measure from the bottom of the center pod to the bottom of the transom assembly for you. The IMCO lower on mine is the 0 or normal so it would be a valid measurement for your purposes. Bill

Neil_98 12-23-2013 10:10 PM

The original owner had a speedmaster #3 and 600 ci blower motor. He kept the motor, drive and steering rams, just the gimbal transom assembly was left on it which I still have. I've only had it on the water a handful of times, but its a great riding boat. My propshaft is 2.5" below the bottom of the hull. I had no luck with bravo 4 blades, a lot of slip and hard to plane out. Best so far is 95 gps with a signature hill 5 blade

Neil_98 12-23-2013 10:25 PM

Btw I saw one that sold 5 years ago for 16k in okay condition which had a speedmaster style drive, and a couple months ago one was listed for 28k and had a trs drive. Both had 468 blown motors. Most all 23's I've seen are outboards, yours is the first other one I've seen with a bravo.
Neil

Conquistador 12-27-2013 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Neil_98 (Post 4046751)
The original owner had a speedmaster #3 and 600 ci blower motor. He kept the motor, drive and steering rams, just the gimbal transom assembly was left on it which I still have. I've only had it on the water a handful of times, but its a great riding boat. My propshaft is 2.5" below the bottom of the hull. I had no luck with bravo 4 blades, a lot of slip and hard to plane out. Best so far is 95 gps with a signature hill 5 blade

Neil, I forgot to measure the drive height on mine this afternoon, but I know it is a little deeper in the water than 2.5". Mine rides great as long as you are fast enough to keep the flats on top of the waves. I have had to run 60MPH at times to stay on top of the wave crests.

Originally Posted by Neil_98 (Post 4046756)
Btw I saw one that sold 5 years ago for 16k in okay condition which had a speedmaster style drive, and a couple months ago one was listed for 28k and had a trs drive. Both had 468 blown motors. Most all 23's I've seen are outboards, yours is the first other one I've seen with a bravo.
Neil

Thank you for the comparisons in valuation. I had sort of figured that mine was worth $20k+ to the right buyer since it is up to date and maintained well. What colors are in your boat? Bill

Neil_98 12-27-2013 07:20 PM

Right on, mine runs good with the drive height but I still need to do some prop testing. Good luck with the sell, it's a clean looking boat. Mine is red, white and yellow, I'm about to start building new interior.

wannabe 01-04-2014 03:46 PM

These older boats are harder to sell. I sold my dad's with a V8 Johnson 3 yrs ago. Try Scream and Fly website too. I think if you get 11-12 your doing dam good.

Wannabe

tripps 01-08-2017 05:44 PM

Hey 3 years later I got one in redoing ,has a trs looks pretty low has a 330 in it ,gonna build something bigger,how much is the trs. Gonna slow me down? If at all? Maybe a 600 Hp motor going in what prop is best ill be happy w 80 to 90 mph? Thanks

tripps 05-13-2017 07:12 PM

Anybody??? What prop will work best drive is LOW any tricks??? Thanks