Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Excalibur
"Soon To Be" Excalibur Owner checking in!! >

"Soon To Be" Excalibur Owner checking in!!

Notices

"Soon To Be" Excalibur Owner checking in!!

Old 10-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Soon To Be" Excalibur Owner checking in!!

I've been waiting for weeks to make a post about my new boat, but I wanted to have it partially paid for and the deal "in the works" before I posted anything.

Hopefully (if all goes well) I'll be able to be in the water by Halloween with a 1980 27' Excalibur Speedster here in the Houston area.

Many of you have probably seen the boat. From what I've read she's sort of a slut, but there's a brand new 502 being installed next week and I can't wait to fire her up and get on the water.

The boat I'm talking about is from Florida. I don't know who owned it in Florida, but if anyone else knows...I'd LOVE to hear about it. I'm really wanting to know as much as I can about the boat's history. It has blue stripes with stars on the bow and used to have a big blue decal/panel on the back 1/4 of the hull. Apparently it was a decal that was removed.

OSO member "Shannenski" bought it and it waas in Knoxville, TN for a while with him.
Then it was sold to OSO member "MyScarab30" and brought to Kansas.
Then...it ended up in the garage of OSO member "Jeff1000Man" garage in the Houston area...without power.

Now...it will be mine this month. Hopefully I'll be able to keep her for a while and she'll treat me right. I'm coming from a 1989 22' Scarab with a factory 350 engine. That 20 yr old boat was basically all original and a blast. I loved it, but I always wanted a little more length and a little more speed. I think this 27' Excalibur w/ a new 502 should be the ticket.

Most of my boating will be in Clear Lake and Galveston Bay with the occassional run out to Lake Livingston to my family's place. I'm pumped (can you tell) and can't wait to have it in the water. Special thanks to Jeff1000Man for helping me with this process, finding and installing the motor, and dealing with all my questions.

Here are some pics...although I'll admit I'm sure all of you have seen them by now.
Attached Thumbnails "Soon To Be" Excalibur Owner checking in!!-1980-excalibur.jpg   "Soon To Be" Excalibur Owner checking in!!-1980-excalibur-2.jpg   "Soon To Be" Excalibur Owner checking in!!-1980-excalibur-cockpit.jpg  

Old 10-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Very cool...I went from a 22 Scarab to a 27 Excalibur myself. You'll love it !
Old 10-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Registered

If all goes well I might be in the water next weekend.
Sounds like Jeff is dedicating all weekend this weekend to getting it all rigged up.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Sounds like Jeff is getting drunk all weekend and getting it all rigged up.
Thats what I heard too.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your not going to like that EX. I will be glad to come get it out of your way as soon as you get it rigged @ no charge. I'm a nice guy like that....
Old 10-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Registered

You will love it....Good luck and let us know how she runs with the 502
Old 10-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Registered

Well, is it running yet?
Old 10-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Registered

No - not yet. Hopefully next week.
Just waiting on Jeff to finish putting it together.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:46 AM
Registered

Any updates?
Old 11-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Registered

Nothing yet. The motor is now installed. Just wating for Jeff to return from Florida and get all hooked up and adjusted.
Probably be another week.
Looks like I'll get it just in time to winterize it and store it for a few months. I'll probably run it once...then put it up for the winter. Plan to spend the winter cleaning up a few details like the stereo (or lack of) and maybe work on the cabin (also practically gutted) a little bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.